Why did my camera stop focusing?
veriz227

My Galaxy s4 camera all of a sudden stopped focusing and when the flash is on it goes on and does not shut off. Also will freeze when that happens.

Any suggestions on fixing this problem.  Was working perfectly well three days ago and then today problems.  No Dropping nor any other issues.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S4 camera stopped focusing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Veriz227,

We may need to look into replacement options. You can call us at 1-800-922-0204, or follow the steps here http://vz.to/1cOOY6O to send me a Direct Message so I can further assist.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Have you tried pulling the battery for 30 seconds, to see if this works.

0 Likes
veriz227

I had tried that. Still did noyt work

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

You can try this

From the Home screen, tap Menu.

• Choose Settings.
  • Tap Applications Manager.
  • Swipe to choose All tab.
  • Choose Camera.
  • Tap Force Stop button.
  • Tap Clear Data button and clear cache button
  • Reboot the phone.

Also make sure the camera lens is clean.

0 Likes
veriz227

Still a no go, i guess i have to bring this in

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to help make sure you can still take those great pictures veriz227! I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties. Did anything change on the device since this started, such as a new app, function or update? Is the camera functioning normally without the flash?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
veriz227

I have not added any new apps. before this happened it was working on

weekend and then come like tuesday it did not work. if i have the flash on

it goes on without turning off untill i turn off the cam. without the

flash it does not focus just sits there. I have not had this happen

anywhere before. i know this phone is under warrante still as it is only 3

mos old.

so in short cam is not focusing with or without flash.

thanks

Bill

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
BigRedGonzo
Contributor - Level 1

Have you tried doing a Factory Data Reset from the Recovery menu?  That will almost certainly be the first thing that they want to try at the store.  Power down your phone.  Press and hold Volume Up and the Home button at the same time then press and hold the Power button.  When you get the first visual on the screen, let go of the Power button and continue to hold the other two buttons.  That should put you into the Recovery Menu.  Use the volume rocker to move up and down the list and use the Power button to make selections.  Move to Factory Data Reset and press the power button.  Scroll down to Yes and press the power button.  When it finishes, choose Reboot on the menu and press the Power button.  THIS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR APPS AND DATA.  Make sure you back up stuff that you don't want to lose.  After setting the phone back up, Google should restore your apps (or at least most of them), but not your data.  If this doesn't fix the issue, the you probably have a bad handset.

Hope this helps,

BigRedGonzo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all the extra details, veriz227. If you haven't already tried the reset http://vz.to/1hb9jm2 that BigRedGonzo mentioned, I would suggest starting off with putting your phone into Safe Mode http://vz.to/1hTCw6P to see if it still gives you the same trouble while in Safe Mode. If it does, then it may be application related and you may be able to save yourself from the full reset by just uninstalling a few of the most recently installed or updated applications. Otherwise, the reset is definitely a good way to purge your phone of anything that may be causing it to malfunction aside from a hardware defect.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
veriz227

This did not work.   Did factory reset and still do not have a working cam on here.

0 Likes