Why can't I take advantage of the warranty?
Varekai

Okay, so I'm on my second Galaxy S6 Edge. First one after about 4 months developed a green 1 pixel wide vertical line running straight up and down the middle of the screen. After arguing in the verizon store because I was told that I dropped the phone and I caused the line, I had to call customer service. They had me factory reset the phone because they thought it was a software issue, which it is not, they finally sent me a replacement phone. Now fast forward a couple months down the road, this phone has the same exact issue, except it's a pink line instead of green. If you push near the top of the screen by the ear piece the line will move or disappear. So once again, call verizon. After a couple hours of talking to a tech person, backing up my phone, once again factory resetting my phone and the line still being there, I am told that they will not replace the phone under warranty due to bad pixels or vertical lines, that they changed their policy. So I am guessing this is now Verizon's way of getting out of warranties and not having to replace phones. I spoke to a supervisor, who said lines and dead pixels are due to physical abuse. My phone has never been dropped, doesn't have so much as a hairline scratch on it, and the vertical line issue is a problem with Amoled screens. I'd say google 'Samsung Galaxy S6 Vertical line, but I'll make it easier and just post the googled results for it. Google

So in a nut shell, verizon is about to lose a customer. I left spring for not honoring phone warranties, after they sent me a replacement phone that was broken out of the box and was told it was my fault. And another thing on top of all this, if they changed their policy while I am under contract, does this not null and void the contract? What is the point of a 2 year contract if the other party can change terms anytime they feel like. So warning to anyone about to get this phone, or any samsung phone, or maybe any phone at all, if there's a defect, even tho the phone carries a one year warranty, it won't be honored. Maybe they stopped honoring it because this phone has such an issue? Who knows. But this will be forwarded on up.

20160510_202517.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon won't honor warranty with S6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing these details, Varekai. We’re going to turn this experience around for you and find a solution. I just sent you a private message, and I look forward to your reply.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing these details, Varekai. We’re going to turn this experience around for you and find a solution. I just sent you a private message, and I look forward to your reply.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Varekai

Thank you, I replied to your PM.

0 Likes