Why can't I receive some MMS messages?
zachrattner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having issues on my Galaxy S5 running Android 5.0 where I either don't receive an MMS, or I receive a notification but can't read the message.

Here is an example where I can't download the message. Tapping the "Touch to download" text doesn't do anything:

2015-11-02 17.02.27.png

In the other case, a friend showed me a group MMS where both of us were on the thread, but I never received anything on my phone. This doesn't happen with every MMS, but it's happened about 5 times this past week and I can't find any commonalities -- some group MMS's work, some with photo attachments work, but sometimes the message just never goes through.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Zach

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't receive MMS occasionally
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zachrattner,

Oh wow! We definitely want to make sure that you can reliably send and receive your messages. Have you attempted to reset the device to factory defaults? That would be one way to ensure the software is not causing an issues. Take a look here to see how http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-99541/. Also, you can see how to back up the device here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-78396/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zachrattner, that is very strange. Let's work together to get your MMS flowing. When this did start? What is the zip code that you having this issue in? What messaging application are you using?
ZangY_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zachrattner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Noticed about 2 weeks ago.

Zip is 92126.

Using Google Messenger

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015, 9:32 AM Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

could it be a problem with the person sending the message??

0 Likes
zachrattner
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's happened with about 5 different senders on multiple carriers. Seems

unlikely it's a problem with all of them.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
zachrattner,

Getting your MMS messages is exteremely important. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't receive messages, since I rely so heavily on them. Let's figure out what's happening and get those MMS messages to come through.

I checked to see if there were any opportunities in your zip code with messaging, but didn't see anything out there. What happens if you try to send an MMS or group message? How's everything else (calls, texts and data) working for you? Is this only happening when using the Google Messenger app?

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
zachrattner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can send just fine. Haven't tried any other app. Should I switch to the

stock Samsung Messenger app?

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015, 10:05 AM Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i had problems with the verizon +app & switched to the default/samsung app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
zachrattner,

Good to hear your sending is working as it should. You've been dealing with this for a while now, so let's make sure we do all we can to get those messages to come through for you. Trying the stock app or Messages+ is a great idea. Let us know if you see an improvement with that one. Also, is the trouble with receiving happening within the same group messge thread?

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
zachrattner
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue happens with Samsung Messages too. I've had the problem on

several different threads.

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015, 10:51 AM Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes