Why can't I connect to wi-fi after an update?
BarbaraLogan

After updating to 4.3 I can't connect to wi-fi because the "Internet speeds are too slow". So what speed does it need?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: After updating to 4.3 I can't connect to wi-fi because the "internet speeds are too slow". How much speed does this require?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's continue troubleshooting happy2bbren! Try backing up your device and completing a factory reset here http://vz.to/1hDCeV4
Please test and advise. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: After updating to 4.3 I can't connect to wi-fi because the "internet speeds are too slow". How much speed does this require?
happy2bbren

I'm unable to connect to my work wi-fi now.  Was never a problem before my upgrade.  Home wi-fi works fine.  I don't understand this upgrade at all!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

happy2bbren,
Updates are only intended to enhance your wireless device! Let's look further into this. Did you try removing and re-adding your work wifi connection? If not, please do so, test and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW

0 Likes
happy2bbren

By the looks of this forum, the update HAS NOT enhanced our devices. 

I have removed and added the connection.  Before the upgrade my phone would connect as soon as I walked within range. 

I've discovered other issues such as the web freezing up and the battery power draining much faster than before.  These issues need to be addressed. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's continue troubleshooting happy2bbren! Try backing up your device and completing a factory reset here http://vz.to/1hDCeV4
Please test and advise. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW

0 Likes
ljersey
Contributor - Level 1

had same problem this helped me go into wifi settings click menu button then advanced and uncheck auto network switch.

0 Likes
happy2bbren

A factory reset???  That's the solution?!  I'm sorry but wiping out my phone is not a solution.  That answer is canned.  This update has cause multiple problems for everyone and Verizon has no idea how to correct it.  I'm so disappointed with Verizon. 

0 Likes
dano009

I called tech support and I got the same damn canned response, backup and reset to factory settings.  Yeah right!  Everything was fine until Verizon shoved the software update down my throat.  I finally unchecked the box in Wi-Fi settings for auto network switch.  However, I still get the "Your Internet connection is unstable" warning no matter what Wi-Fi connection I hit.

In a related story, I received a new or refurbished phone as my original SIII had AC/charging connection issues.  I called probably three times to attempt to back up my data, went into two stores in attempts to have them transfer the information over, and all were too incompetent and inept to assist me.  Only when talking to someone about this Wi-Fi issue, did someone actually know how to back up everything.  Of course by this time, I had to send the new phone back because Verizon charged me $400 before I got everything squared away.  What a colossal waste of my time!

0 Likes
Wanemon

That's working for me on my S3. Thanks for the tip!

0 Likes