Why can't I add an Outlook Email Account?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Adding my Outlook Email accounts to my Samsung Galaxy S4 bogs down the ability to delete Emails. Removing the accounts from my phone clears the trouble. Trying to add Outlook accounts to my phone often...but NOT always...results in an error stating that the server cannot be reached. This problem is NOT duplicated on my Microsoft Surface 3 and Surface Pro 3. There is no difference if I try to use 4G/LTE or WiFi, I use the stock/default setup when trying to add the Outlook accounts to my phone and my phone is completely up to date software-wise.  Does/Has anyone else have/had this problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4: Adding Oulook Email Account Troubles.
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

When both of my Outlook accounts are added to the phone, I frequently see a message asking me to wait while my accounts are being verified...or something to that effect.

When that message appears, I am unable to delete ANY Email from ANY accounts on my phone. The delete function becomes inoperative.

I have done some testing since the time I posted this topic and have narrowed the issue to one of the two accounts.

I am going to leave that account off of my phone and just keep the other one. I will check the second account by going to Outlook's website and checking the Email that way.

At this point I am going to consider this issue closed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dexman,

We want you to have access to all of your emails. I know the importance of having your emails on your phone to keep you updated. Not to worry, we will find a solution to this issue. When did this first start for you? does this only occur with outlook accounts or others as well?
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the�CorrecAnswer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Jasper,

It has been happening for a few weeks to be sure. I have narrowed it down to the Outlook accounts. This problem is limited to the S4. I have NO problems accessing the Outlook accounts on my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and my Surface 3. My SGS4 is fully up to date software-wise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@dexman

Thanks for the additional information!  That helps.  Let’s take a closer look.

Just ensure I’m clear on what you’re experiencing; please explain what exactly you are experiencing when you say the Outlook email account bogs down your ability to delete email.  Are you trying to delete email from the Outlook email account or another POP3 email account on your device?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

When both of my Outlook accounts are added to the phone, I frequently see a message asking me to wait while my accounts are being verified...or something to that effect.

When that message appears, I am unable to delete ANY Email from ANY accounts on my phone. The delete function becomes inoperative.

I have done some testing since the time I posted this topic and have narrowed the issue to one of the two accounts.

I am going to leave that account off of my phone and just keep the other one. I will check the second account by going to Outlook's website and checking the Email that way.

At this point I am going to consider this issue closed.

0 Likes