Why aren't my contacts being backed up?
lorraines9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everything has been backed up to the cloud on my computer except for my contacts.  I cannot get my contacts to backup to my computer.  If I look at the cloud Icon on my phone my contacts are there.   I want them on my computer.  I have an Android Galaxy S4 phone and I am using Windows 10 on my computer.

When I try to use backup assistant on my phone I get the error "Provisioning Failed"  Operation failed due to invalid authentication credentials.  I have backedup/reset my phone and still get the same error.

I've called support several times and am told don't worry your contacts are backup on the cloud.  I want the, on my computer.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem with Backup of Contacts
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Change all of your contacts to google contacts and let Google back them up.  You will save yourself tons of trouble going forward by doing this and you will never need to worry about them again.  The easiest way to change them over is to use Contacts Optimizer (free download from Google Play)

View solution in original post

Jstremming
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same error. I also get authentication failure and the contacts will not restore on my phone.

0 Likes
darksoulvv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same error as of this morning. operation failed due to invalid authentication credentials.

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Change all of your contacts to google contacts and let Google back them up.  You will save yourself tons of trouble going forward by doing this and you will never need to worry about them again.  The easiest way to change them over is to use Contacts Optimizer (free download from Google Play)

berbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got the error today. It doesn't seem like anyone has figured it out.

AGB2BPro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same issue too. Then they suddenly appeared out of nowhere but in triplicate because it had backed up to my cloud every time I tried to restore. REALLY aggravating. So I did what Jakeman1 suggested and just used google contacts. Easier to edit too.

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lorraines5, ensuring that your contacts are backed up and retrievable is super important. Help is definitely here to ensure this happens. On your computer, which internet are you using? Internet Explorer? Chrome? Are you an Account Owner or Account Manager for the online account?
NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Glad the advise helped.

lecker29
Enthusiast - Level 1

Instead of attempting to sync from your Contacts list on your phone, go to the Cloud app on your smartphone and sync from there. I too did a factory reset then updated my contacts in my Verizon wireless cloud online, but yet the contacts weren't updated on my phone, then when i tried to do the Backup Assistant it gave me the same message you had. After I synced using the Cloud app on my phone then checked the contacts in my phone, everything was updated. Hopefully it works for you. Good luck!