Re: Why are we being held out of nougat beta build 3?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

No problem. With this being a peer to peer forum we are always hear to help.

0 Likes
_buckeyenut_
Contributor - Level 1

"Rolling back", with regards to software, implies an iterative, non-invasive approach. There isn't a "roll back" method like this. It's a scorched earth approach--meaning, resetting or rebuilding the entire application to square 1.

The Verizon note you posted was only released yesterday as an official correspondence regarding the beta program. Up to that point, Verizon participants were left in the dark as releases rolled out from other providers.

I'm entitled to complain about their handling (as are others) of this and ask as many questions as I'd like about it.

rcschnoor
Legend

_buckeyenut_ wrote:

"Rolling back", with regards to software, implies an iterative, non-invasive approach. There isn't a "roll back" method like this. It's a scorched earth approach--meaning, resetting or rebuilding the entire application to square 1.

Regardless if it is an easy way to "roll back" or a hard way to "roll back", there IS a way to "roll back" to Marshmallow, which is what I stated. I suppose I should have used "revert back" in order not to offend you.

_buckeyenut_ wrote:

The Verizon note you posted was only released yesterday as an official correspondence regarding the beta program. Up to that point, Verizon participants were left in the dark as releases rolled out from other providers.

And yet in my "ignorance" I had "researched" this, was aware of that press release AND was the reason I made my earlier statement.

_buckeyenut_ wrote:

I'm entitled to complain about their handling (as are others) of this and ask as many questions as I'd like about it.

Yes, just as other are entitled to have differing opinions.Smiley Happy

_buckeyenut_
Contributor - Level 1

Fair enough. My apologies Smiley Happy

0 Likes
untaimed18

This method of "rolling back" doesn't work at all. Yeah, it will get you back to Marshmallow, but you then get an OTA notification. When you apply it, it is the BETA again. I've contacted both Samsung and Verizon, and neither have an answer. They just say follow the instructions per the beta program. WELL I DID THAT 4 TIMES ALREADY! I've been opted out of the beta program for 10 days now, and every time that I revert back, it just reinstalls via OTA.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you tried the software repair tool from Verizon??

Samsung Software Repair Assistant | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes