Why are we being held out of nougat beta build 3?
The_Fist
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in the beta for Android nougat on my S7 edge, and Samsung has said, that Verizon customers will not receive any more updates. After saying the latest build had been sent to Verizon for approval... Why are you holding us back?

I for one, am getting sick of the interference and foot dragging on the part of Verizon for no good reason. It's bad enough that you weigh down our phones with bloatware and force downloads of stuff we don't want, and will never use, then on top of that, we are always the last to get software updates even though we pay you more than any other company charges for our service. With no explanation given. This needs to stop. If this continues, my next upgrade will not be with Verizon.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why are we being held out of nougat beta build 3?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Then it just won't be. Beta is not approved its trial. And if Verizon or any other carrier doesn't want the bugs on their network they don't have to. You or I as aconsumer don't get to dictate what a carrier will and will not allow. Case closed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Then it just won't be. Beta is not approved its trial. And if Verizon or any other carrier doesn't want the bugs on their network they don't have to. You or I as aconsumer don't get to dictate what a carrier will and will not allow. Case closed.

0 Likes
vicvon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your reasoning is exactly why they get away with not allowing the newest software on a phone that I purchased. I could understand if they gave me the phone and told me not to update anything. I PAID FOR IT. IT IS MY PHONE. FOR YOU TO SAY (Bugs on their network) I call that ridiculous . it cannot hurt their network

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I wonder if this was the way they acted about marshmallow They need to see how each update reacts to Each phone . This may explain why so many of us that got the marshmallow update on our S5 don't have a phone that works now.

0 Likes
_buckeyenut_
Contributor - Level 1

Why did Verizon participate in the beta if they were going to drop out? Now, users who agreed to be involved are stuck on the second release while the fourth beta iteration was released today. I can only guess that the third release did not pass Verizon QA? If so, at least release a formal note explaining the decision instead of leaving customers hanging.

rcschnoor
Legend

_buckeyenut_ wrote:

If so, at least release a formal note explaining the decision instead of leaving customers hanging.

There is no reason why Verizon needs to explain the decision. Customers are not left hanging, they can either choose to continue with their version of the beta or roll their phones back to marshmallow.

0 Likes
_buckeyenut_
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, there is reason. And there is no, "rolling back", it requires resetting your phone using Samsung software and a PC. Do your research before touting ignorance as truth.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

_buckeyenut_ wrote:

Yes, there is reason. And there is no, "rolling back", it requires resetting your phone using Samsung software and a PC. Do your research before touting ignorance as truth.

First you say there is no rolling back, then you say you have to do it in a specific way. Those certainly appear to be contradicting statements.

Verizon cancels Galaxy Beta Program for Galaxy S7 and S7 edge - SamMobile

"Dear Customers, Verizon will stay on the original software for the remainder of this trial. Beta trial users will be upgraded to the commercial N release when it is available early next year. Thanks, Galaxy Beta Program Team

What this means is that Verizon will no longer endorse the Galaxy Beta Programon the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, so customers who’ve been making the most of the program will either remain on their current beta version or exit the program completely and revert back to the current Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow."

pherson
Champion - Level 1

People kill me with these statements and if people read the t&c they would know that these things happen.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Once again thanks for you thoughtful comments