Re: Why are notifications disappearing
bean_chi_chi

I am having the same issue since my last phone update. Text notifications appear in the notifications bar briefly and disappear. I often don't know I have texts until hours have gone by. The little green dot isn't always present either. Additionally, my voice mails aren't coming through for hours. I have a Moto Z Play. Please help! I haven't tried anything that's been suggested, as it appears it's working for no one else.

0 Likes
bean_chi_chi

I see one link, and when I click on it, I get an error page/message: An

unexpected error has occurred

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 12:11 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bean.chi.chi, I can imagine your level of frustration and know it's important you're not missing any important text messages or voicemails that come through. I'll be glad to help correct these service concerns and delayed voicemails for hours isn't the experience we want for you. Please reference the links attached at the bottom for how to Force Stop and Clear Data on both your texting application and Visual Voicemail app. You don't lose any personal content with this step, it simply allows you to set up the apps from scratch. Do you experience the delayed voicemail problem in only one location or multiple locations? At any point in the day, are you turning off your mobile data for any reason? http://spr.ly/6580DfVhe

I hope these steps help and look forward to hearing back from you soon. http://spr.ly/6581DfVh5

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bean_chi_chi

Still not working. Also, I never turn off my mobile data, and the voice

mail problem seems to occur anywhere. I think I have reinstalled the apps

without your links, but I saw other people said this didn't help. I'll

cross my fingers.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 12:27 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying this, bean.chi.chi. I want to make sure we're on the same page so we can better assist. Are you using Message + and visual voicemail on your phone? You mentioned that you have reinstalled your applications. Did you completely remove Message + and then reinstall? Has your phone been powered off since the software update? Are you seeing notifications for other apps?

To clarify the text notification issue, you are only seeing the notifications briefly in your notification panel. However, you are not seeing a notification at all on your text app icon, correct? If so, please check your app notifications: https://vz.to/2CFBn7z . Are your notifications turned on?

Lauren_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MotherOfDragons3inVT

Nope, link still doesn't work

Sarah [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
JENCUR31
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any solution to this issue yet?  I have the Galaxy S7 and use the Verizon text messaging app, and for the last couple of months my text notification on my home screen, and the blinking light, are disappearing after only about 15 minutes.  This is very frustrating, as I don't look to see if I have a new text message and rely on this notification.  I am missing several text messages because of this!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JENCUR31,

I can certainly understand that this is frustrating. If notifications are not properly delivered, you can miss your messages completely.

Have you attempted any of the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread, such as clearing cache or uninstalling/reinstalling the app? Does the issue persist if you change your default messaging app?

Colin_VZW

0 Likes
cdkarlsson
Enthusiast - Level 3

@AlanS_VZW - I replied to your private messages over a week ago.

vzw_customer_support

My last reply on this thread was a long time ago, and due to personal issues I've been unable to respond again until recently. Unfortunately, the issue with disappearing notifications for Message+ still exists (and is actually worse - notifications are disappearing even faster now), and I'm finally able to take some time to try to address it again.

Per AlanS_VZW's instructions (here: Re: Why are notifications disappearing) in the thread, by following the steps at this link: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ - Restart in Safe Mode | ...,  I set my Galaxy S8+ in safe mode, and had someone send me a text.  After it arrived, I did not select the notification or open Message+ to read the text, and after maybe 20 minutes or so, the notification disappeared.

Since this is happening even in Safe Mode, the conclusion has to be that no third party app is causing this problem, and it exists solely with the Message+ app! I have the latest updates for S8+ (I just received an update the other day) and the issue is still occurring. Can we get an update on what's being done about this?

Timmatthews1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is verizon doing anything about this issue? This was annoying on my personnel phone a year ago and is not a real issue with missing messages on my work phone as well. This type of issue does not exist in other messaging apps. The listed steps do not resolve and the issue has been known long enough to have rewritten the entire app let along debug one problem.

0 Likes