Re: Why are my calendar event notifications dismissing automatically even if I don't dismiss them? This didn't happen prior to the Nougat update.
BJBBJB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon support,

I have also been dealing with this issue.  Can you please message me or clue us in on the issue or solution? 

Thanks,

BJBBJB

Re: Why are my calendar event notifications dismissing automatically even if I don't dismiss them? This didn't happen prior to the Nougat update.
STESUC6
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a few calls to Verizon support, they determined it was a problem with

Nougat, and then sent me to Samsung to deal with the issue. Samsung also

said it was probably a problem with Nougat, so they've asked me to send me

phone in to them to have the software repaired. Currently, my phone only

works in safe mode.

STESUC6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ralph, I've been working with Samsung on this issue since my last reply and they have done nothing to help me solve this issue. I've factory reset the phone 3 times, sent the phone in for repair 3 times and tried software repairs with samsung reps at bestbuy. Nothing fixes this issue. I do not have any 3rd party apps installed and the issue continues. Is there anything Verizon can do to help?

LINMEY37
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same issue as well.  If I miss a calendar appointment the notification clears out of my notification bar.  I keep missing calendar reminders this was and it is very frustrating.  Has anyone found a solution to this?

TLR92573
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, did this get resolved? I didn't see any resolution in the thread. My native calendar notifications only last the length of the event in my notification area before they disappear automatically and I'm not touching them.  I have a Samsung S8 for just the past month and it has always done this since day 1. Also,  after I added my Google calendar account, the already established events don't show up at all and I have to manually go in and set a new reminder for each one. 

illini4life
Enthusiast - Level 3

I still have the same annoying issue. There has not been a fix and it's

very frustrating. I've essentially stopped getting responses from anyone at

Verizon for some reason. I posted a video of my issue on the samsung board

for reference (

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/Calendar-notifications/m-p/175659#M34532

is the thread and here is the video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzo6p0ao0rtyex2/2017-07-25%2020.36.29.mp4?dl=0)

Jake

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 6:28 PM, TLR92573 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

PERGIE60
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this same issue.  I also wasn't getting notifications from my Ring app.  I found on line that my "Cleanmaster" app wasn't approved for ring app.  So I deleted it.  My ring notifications and google calendar notifications came back and work fine.  But I also agree that they only last the length of the event and disappear.  Don't know what to do about that part. 

I am just glad that I now get reminders of a appointment.

AKOBOT3000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi! I am having the same issue and am wondering if this was ever resolved by either Samsung or Verizon? Where the conversation cuts off it would seem tjat it was not... and if it was not, perhaps Verizon or Samsung can replace these affected phones?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how vital it is to have your calendar events, AKOBOT3000. Can you clarify if these are recurring calendar events or one time events?

What happens when you go to Calendar > select event in question > Repeat > Duration > select forever

Please tell us if the event still dismisses automatically. 

Tamara_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gosbornca
Enthusiast - Level 1

It looks to me like more than two years later, this issue is still not resolved. Ridiculously frustrating

0 Likes