Why am I unable to send or attach pictures in a text message using a Galaxy S6?
KShaul1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have tried sending a picture in a text message to a iPhone user and Android user, but the picture doesn't attach.  At one time was able to attach a picture, but it wouldn't send.  I am able to send regular text messages but nothing with a picture.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why am I unable to send or attach pictures in a text message using a Galaxy S6?
KShaul1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

I downloaded the latest update yesterday, 10 December, and the issue has been resolved.  I would still LOVE to know what the issue was.  Anyways, thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why am I unable to send or attach pictures in a text message using a Galaxy S6?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KShaul1972,

Sending pictures and selfies are always a fun thing to enjoy and have on the phone. I know I do it a lot personally with friends and family. How long has this been occuring on your GS6? What do you see when you try attaching the picture?

ShirazP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IS your phone set to send MMS and is cellular data on?

try rebooting the phone and see if that resolves it.

0 Likes
KShaul1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a trouble ticket in for this issue.  I've rebooted my phone and can send regular text messages.  When I try to attach a picture it says "Unable to attach file."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KShaul1972,

We want you to be able to send and receive picture messages.  I always use my phone for that option and share my memories with loved ones. Let's try a couple of steps. With Wi-Fi off, are you able to browse the Internet? If that does not work try this step as well.

Restarting the device in Safe Mode may reset the home screen to default settings (i.e. wallpaper, theme, widgets, etc.)

With the device powered on, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the Phone options prompt appears then release.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Touch and hold Power off until the Reboot to Safe Mode prompt appears then release.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tap Restart.
Note The restart process may take up to 45 seconds to complete.
Note Upon restart, Safe mode appears in the lower-left of the unlock/home screen.

JasperMMM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KShaul1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

I downloaded the latest update yesterday, 10 December, and the issue has been resolved.  I would still LOVE to know what the issue was.  Anyways, thanks for the help.

0 Likes