Why am I getting horrible battery life?
TMFoughty
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have recently purchased a Samsung Gaxaly S5 and the battery life is horrible.  This is a 2800 mAh battery.  There is no reason I should not be getting at least one day out of it.

I have turned off locations, which I feel I should not have to, VZ Protect, and VZ Cloud.

My screen brightness is turned down to about 20%.

When I went to bed last night the battery was at 52% (Around 10:30 PM).  The phone beeped at 5:45 AM with only 15% battery left.  It dropped roughly 5% an hour when it was not being used.  I have to charge the phone a couple times a day.

Like I said, this phone was just purchased on 5/12/15.  Of course the first thing that customer service wanted me to do is a factory reset.  I just got the phone setup.  So, the reset was done this morning.

What other crap software can I turn off?  What is running in the background that is causing this poor performance from the battery?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Todd

0 Likes
Re: Why am I getting horrible battery life?
ChuckieBoomboom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have turned off similar garbage and deleted bloatware. My battery lasts about one day when not plugged in and that is with only a handful of phone calls and a dozen texts. It is not roaming but is hooked to local wireless and checking emails, but no more often than my old Droid Razr. This battery is not as advertised!

0 Likes
Re: Why am I getting horrible battery life?
bearone21
Legend

i find less bloatware than the old s3 & find that using the phone the same as the s3, my batt life has doubled.

no gps, vz protect/cloud, facebook, twitter, don't have any searching for wi-fi when on 4g, no vibration on any notifications.

i have 4 email, two pop3, gmail & yahoo email app, all sync with pc & i go into individual email to check email.

the only immediate notification i get is for text messages.

the above works for me but you may want/need more notifications.

0 Likes