Why Is Message+ Conflicting With Google Maps Navigation?
sbhnet
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you've ever used Google Maps Navigation function, you know that it puts inportant information (miles till next turn, direction of turn, etc.) at the top of the screen.  Message + driving mode insists on being on top of whatever's on the screen and at the very top.  It will also sound off with the notification tone every 2 - 2.5 minutes.  If you swipe it off of the screen (and out of your way) never fear - it will be back in a couple of minutes along with that notification tone.  Is there any way to change this?  Or do I have to make a choice between being able to get directions to where I'm going or making sure text senders know I'm driving and won't be responding?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ conflicts with Goodgle Maps Navigation
sbhnet
Enthusiast - Level 3

As a follow-up, everything miraculously started working as it should after the next update.  I guess good things come to those who wait!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello sbhdroid! I can certainly understand your concerns with wanting to drive correctly and safely. We wish that for all of our customers as well. If you are using both apps at the same time and have the driving mode enabled at the same time you're using the Navigation app, this can cause an interference. If both of them are enabled, it can cause some friction with using at the same time. Unfortanately there isn't way around this unless you are ok with no hearing the turn by turn directions and use the map instead. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sbhnet
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's really a shame.  I never had that problem with my S5.  It makes sense to me that if you're trying to follow the directions that you would want to make sure driving mode would work.  Maybe it's because I'm using Google Maps and not Verizon's Navigator?

0 Likes
sbhnet
Enthusiast - Level 3

As a follow-up, everything miraculously started working as it should after the next update.  I guess good things come to those who wait!

0 Likes