Why Does My Galaxy S7 Edge Automatically Set To Vibrate Mode?
2startrk

My new S7 Edge will randomly decrease the ringer volume to vibrate only, never completely off, most usually at night.  I do not have the Do Not Disturb option turned on.  This happens if the phone is in or out of my pocket so the volume down button is not being accidently pushed.  This is only affecting the ringer volume and no other tones.  Has anyone else seen this issue and is there a fix?

0 Likes
Re: Why Does My Galaxy S7 Edge Automatically Set To Vibrate Mode?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's certainly strange that you are only experiencing issues with the ringer volume being decreased to vibrate. Have you attempted any troubleshooting? Is your device updated to the most recent software version/

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
2startrk

I had to do a factory reset to stop this from happening.  I worked directly with Samsung and they said it was probably caused by my Google account not loading some apps correctly when I transferred from my old device to the new one.  I haven't had any further issues since then.

0 Likes
dms554

My galaxy S5 is doing the same thing since the latest update.  I understand why it would be a positive but I can't hear from those on my favorites list then.  Please fix this asap.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our deepest apologies for the recent issues after the update. Let's look into this. Please give us more details on what you mean by "you can't hear from those on your favorite list". Are you not able to call them or you can't hear their call?

AnthonyM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes