When will the Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge Get Nougat?
PRS2ARCHANGEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bottom line is I pay Verizon (US) for a service. Nougat has some very attractive and much needed changes to the UI, taking full advantage of the hardware (S7 Edge). It is now January 30th and still no sign of the Nougat Update. Verizon isn't talking, Samsung isn't talking. No one will say a thing about the upgrade to 7.0 / 7.1.1 (or whatever it may be IF be when it is released to the Verizon branded S7 Edge. The only thing ticking me off about the whole situation, is neither party is giving a timeline - if one even exists at this point.

Keeping customers in the dark is becoming a terrible process - especially when they pay hard earned $$$ for premium services...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When will the Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge Get Nougat?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PRS2ARCHANGEL,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us regarding this exciting new software update. We understand the importance of wanting to have the benefits of getting a software update on your phone as soon as possible. Since the updates are released at different times for different devices it is possible to see some phones go a while without receiving an update. At this time we have no ETA on when the update will be released for the S7/S7 Edge but you can check here http://vz.to/1pwcR6d for updates.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung Begins Rollout of Android 7.0 Nougat – Samsung Global Newsroom

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PRS2ARCHANGEL,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us regarding this exciting new software update. We understand the importance of wanting to have the benefits of getting a software update on your phone as soon as possible. Since the updates are released at different times for different devices it is possible to see some phones go a while without receiving an update. At this time we have no ETA on when the update will be released for the S7/S7 Edge but you can check here http://vz.to/1pwcR6d for updates.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Drunder39
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung already stated nougat is being rolledout to the S7/S7 Edge. What you might be forgetting is that for us Verizon users.. the update now goes to Verizon so they can add in all that bloatware and then re-test..

Verizon got the update in January so expect to get this OTA from Verizon around early to late March.. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon doesn't add the software to the update. They do send the software to Samsung to add to the update and then Verizon will test the whole update to verify it install correctly on their test device and doesn't break the connection to the cellular network. Once the technical approval is given by Verizon and the other partners involved then Samsung works with Verizon Wireless for the deployment of the update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
parth212
Enthusiast - Level 3

By your statement they do indeed add it, they send the garbage apps no one will ever use to Samsung, who then injects it into the build. Verizon shouldn't be adding these, and if they do at least allow for the removal of these garbage apps no one would use.

parth212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah or sometime mid to late Q2. I also believe we are behind on security

updates, which really kind of sucks.

joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

Software updates: Samsung Galaxy S7 | T-Mobile Support

https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tutorial.html#!/stepbystep/id/stepbystep_KM1127786?make=Samsung&mode...

Considering that the T Mobile and AT&T variants were last updated around the same time as Verizon's, it would seem this is a shortcoming on Samsung's end.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then you should have purchased a Pixel phone. Those same VZW applications are completely removable.