Re: When will my Samsung s6 get Marshmallow update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hworkman,
It has been a hot topic. Marshmallow is the latest and greatest in Android software. Here is a link we have available with details: http://vz.to/1TFUxMv.

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

scottjw1 wrote:

It seems that all the other carriers are pushing the update to their S6/Edge phones or have at least announced when it's gonna be. Verizon is still messing around with it. It's a joke that they claim to be the best but are lacking in this update. Very sad. By the time the marshmallow update finally does hit these phones, Android 7 will be available. And I'm sure that with the speed Verizon is showing with this that it will be next year when we will get that one. Well done Verizon, well done.

they all have different requirements, and different development teams which Samsung employs not Verizon.  There's already facts about this but is so buried through the years with all the FUD out there.

0 Likes
briango
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, the link you responded with does not address the question being asked. Please read the question and either respond with an answer to that question, or not at all. Stop wasting our time with irrelevant links.

scottjw1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The link provided does not address anything. Nothing but a "canned response" as usual. This really is getting to be annoying. I've been a customer for many years. The service isn't as hot as they want you to believe. I actually believe they might cap data after so much use due to the fact it seems to slow down at times.

Now, this update thing is really [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] alot of people off due to the fact that older phones on Verizon are getting the update, the Note 5, a Samsung phone, already has it, and other carriers are pushing it. Verizon claims to have the best service out there but, other companies are definitely beating them in this department. Sad.

I just wish, for all the customers that pay these prices, that have become more expensive  with less to offer, over the years and have still stuck with them, can get an HONEST answer regarding this issue. I believe that is owed to all of us, your customers. Canned responses show nothing more than ignorance on the subject and total disrespect towards us.

Come on Verizon, we have paid good money for these phones and services. I believe we are owed some honesty in regards to this. At least a date or something.

jalecbronson
Enthusiast - Level 3

@scottjw1 Agreed. Regardless of when Verizon can or chooses to push out said content, it would be nice to get a response that isn't canned. Treat your customers with some dignity. We'd be less frustrated if you just responded in a way that didn't come off so robotic and condescending. How about an actual back and forth conversation? Every single question I've seen that's even remotely like this one, has been responded to in the same pandering tone.

0 Likes
biblioholicbeth
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also would like to know, considering my teenager with an LG G3 has had his update for quite some time now...The more we stick with Verizon, the more frustrated we get, and it's things like this (and our ever-increasing bill) that will finally chase us away...Smiley Sad

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hear you loud and clear, biblioholicbeth. I am a consumer too, and I also like to get the latest software updates as soon as possible. While we do not have any information about when software updates will be ready for any device, please be assured that we’ll push updates to all devices as soon as they are ready.

We want our valued customers to stay in control of their monthly bill. Do you have the best plan for your wireless needs? Please login at this link and do a plan analysis for best plan recommendation based on your monthly usage: vzw.com/AccountAnalysis

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes