Re: When will Verizon release 5.1.1 for the Galaxy S5
Lankylegs
Contributor - Level 1

September will be the end of my servitude.

[removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Redbox3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am new to the forum. Just wondering if the problems associated with the S5 Lollipop Update from KitKat were made worst with recent updates provided by Verizon (2/29/2016). I currently have a Verizon S5 on another carrier. The phone works great! Battery life is great. (1.5 days with moderate use) Lollipop 5.0 was preinstalled on my phone. Should I be concerned if I try my S5 with Verizon (Pre-paid)?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi TonyD123,

We are so excited to hear of your interest in the Verizon Wireless Prepaid services. The S5 on VZW Prepaid will experience the best device experience. Click here for more details on our Prepaid service http://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Blur125
Enthusiast - Level 3

May 22nd - another month of no Marshmallow love...how long does it take VZW? Lollipop was pushed out within 30 days of its release. Marshmallow was released in October 2015...come on fellas...

HBlain
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find it interesting that S5 users in other countries are receiving Marshmallow in the past few days.  Just in the last week it was released in

United Arab Emirates
Egypt
Iraq
Saudi Arabia

Kazakhstan

Uzbekistan

Turkey

Panama

Chile
Uruguay
Bolivia
Argentina
Trinidad & Tobago

Really VZW. That people in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan have better service with their phones than the USA? I guess Borat does not have it so bad after all.

Lankylegs
Contributor - Level 1

They have nothing to gain by updating the phone. They want you to buy another phone.

josephsmith939
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've read all these responses from vzw and I am ashamed to say I have vzw service. No one seems to not KNOW about marshmallow. I find it hard to believe. I sometimes don't have 4g signal, but don't worry vzw will still sit back and do nothing. Typical corporate behavior. 10 year customer treated like a mushroom, ..kept in the dark and fed alot of [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No data is no fun and we want to help get that solid connection josephsmith939. We certainly appreciate your loyalty of 10 years and want to do everything possible to help fix this. How often do you see this trouble with the 4G? What zipcode are you located in?

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jerszmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since my contact just ended with Verizon worn my S5s, I think it is time for me to look for another carrier.  The fact that Verizon continues to ignore is customer's complaints about updating to Marshmallow but continues to offer the S5 with no support shows absolutely nob regard for their customers.  Time to cut my ties after many years of service.

Lankylegs
Contributor - Level 1

Amen.

0 Likes