When will Verizon release 5.1.1 for the Galaxy S5
ray_p1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since it is known that Android 5.1.1 resolves the poor battery life and the bluetooth connectivity issues, when will Verizon release it for the Galaxy S5?

Re: When will Verizon release 5.1.1 for the Galaxy S5
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

I'd like to know this as well.  I read earlier today that 5.1.1 is being released for an older motorola phone.  Almost every other carrier has released 5.1.1 for their variant of the S5.  Once again Verizon is late to the party and is angering their long time customers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Radar320,

Getting the latest update is nice treat for your phone. Updates are pushed out after they have been thoroughly tested from Verizon. We would hate for you to get an update and additional issues occur. You can sign up for notification for when the latest updates are available via the http://vz.to/1M7Y7bW website.

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

"almost every other carrier", t-mobile is the only one i'm aware of doing 5.1.1 for the s5 so far.

radar320
Contributor - Level 2

Well your testing failed then with every form of 5.0 that you have pushed out.  Just look at all the issues posted in this forum and across other forums as well.

ME_Elocin
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's a nice treat?

This update fixes a VERY serious security leak, namely StageFright. That isn't a treat it's a necessity.

VZW really needs to stop responding with marketing and pacifying statements. 

Say it has to test is enough.  But they need a better testing strategy including removal of so much bloatware.

Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

TREAT?  All I want is my phone to work they way it was designed!

arod412
Enthusiast - Level 3

ATT just recently rolling out Lollipop 5.1.1 to their Galaxy S5. its all over the news Verizon Wireless Customer Support

GregR1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really Disappointed in Verizon not updating phone yet.

Where is my S 5 update.  I still think someone at Verizon knows something and they won't tell us.

Maria728
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let us know how you do with the update