Re: When we will get Android 7.1 Nougat for the Galaxy S7 edge
LOONEY2388
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the exact reason why I wish the [Removed] since Samsung, other Android manufacturers and carriers love to drop support for a phone that is no longer the new hotness. This is complete [Removed]! We pay the premium price for a premium phone so we demand premium support and premium updates for our phone. Att, Sprint and T-mobile have nougat so why don't we? Excuses are like [Removed], everybody gots one. Verizon is the only service I could get in my location otherwise I would rather be with T-mobile.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

MAGERB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just say something Verizon! Communicate with us! Example: Valued customers, there was an issue with the first build that was submitted. It had to be sent back to address these issues. It will take us a couple more weeks to test the current build, however, it could take longer. If we run into any further issues we will keep you informed as you are very important to us. There, that wasn't so difficult was it? You don't have to give away any trade secrets. You don't have to give us an exact date and time. Just communicate with us, that's all we are asking. Am I being unreasonable?

EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

Start checking for updates people! I haven't seen mine yet but did come across this site that claims Verizon is STARTING to roll out the update.  Let's hope our wait is finally over.

Verizon's Galaxy S7 and S7 edge are now receiving their official Nougat updates

EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

Even Verizon's own website is now showing it!!

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Software Update | Verizon Wireless

EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

Have tried both manual update through the phone, and also Verizon software assistant.  Both say no new updates available.  Guess it's not ready in NJ yet.. smh

SLOULY86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I  have been checking all night and nothing

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Updates are staggered and come in batches. There is usually a small group of people to get the update and then there is a pause for about 24 hours to allow that group to install and optimize the device to the new OS and report any unforeseen bugs. If all goes well, then the updates resume in larger groups over the next few weeks until all the devices are updated. This is the usual process for updates unless something doesn't go right.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
donsmith1964
Enthusiast - Level 2

Updates can be staged.  But, if it were already live you would see some people getting it.  Also the Android websites would be more active.  I'm sure it will be turned on at some point today.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Ah, well, what do you know, guess it wasn't worth all the fuss after all.

_buckeyenut_
Contributor - Level 1

Downloaded and updating now (first update since November 2016) Smiley Happy

Whoop!