Re: When we will get Android 7.1 Nougat for the Galaxy S7 edge
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Any apps Verizon does happen to include are not the reason for the holdup, they are already written, and can be found on the play store.  The only difference is that they are put in the system partition instead of the user partition, they aren't part of the OS in any way. If there are things included with the new release that you NEED for your daily use of the phone, then you bought the wrong phone, you should have bought one that included this to start with

0 Likes
SLOULY86
Enthusiast - Level 3

All that I can say,  that is so strange cuz we all  are here for a reason, we just want to know when the update is coming and  the only one against us is Ann

EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

When we say apps, we are talking about the BLOATWARE that Verizon puts on top of the Android Upgrades.  And yes making sure those work as intended.  So it very well can slow down the process, otherwise if it were the Samsung version of the update we would've had it by now.

0 Likes
MAGERB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Of course they can. Yes most of the employees do not have the ability to answer questions regarding updates. Yes certain employees are under a NDA, but also yes they certainly can provide us with information if they wanted to, they have chosen not to. By choosing not to provide any information whatsoever is not a good customer care/service oriented decision. It's not like they would be giving out classified information that is detrimental to the country. It is ridiculous and not a good way to do business.

0 Likes
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

[Announcement] Nougat 7.0 Update Problems *UPDATE... - Samsung Community - 72499

Here are some things to look forward to when it is released.

EvL70 wrote:

...it were the Samsung version of the update we would've had it by now.

Solved: The Nougat update for unlocked s7 edge in the U.S - Samsung Community - 68449

Yet the unlocked models sold directly by Samsung with no carrier modifications have not received the update either...

Meanwhile these other Verizon phones already have it.

Google Nexus 6

Google Pixel

Google Pixel XL

Moto Z Droid (updated before the AT&T and T Mobile variants)

Moto Z Force Droid (updated before the AT&T and T Mobile variants)

Motorola Droid Turbo 2

LG G5 (updated before the AT&T and T Mobile variants)

LG V20

tlamming
Enthusiast - Level 3

Gotta love the Verizon apologists.

MAGERB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am new to this forum and was wondering what exactly is a Verizon apologist and what would motivate one to do so?

0 Likes
tlamming
Enthusiast - Level 3

Read through the thread, and you’ll get a great idea.

0 Likes
FIXMYPCNOW247
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is really urking me off too better be no bugs when released lol.

0 Likes
MAGERB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I have done that. I guess I just would like to know why. What is the motivating factor to throw out all common sense just to obviously defend Verizon?

0 Likes