Re: When we will get Android 7.1 Nougat for the Galaxy S7 edge
tlamming
Enthusiast - Level 3

Should construction companies not provide dates for projects to be complete? Verizons customers expect a modicum of professionalism. Estimated times are good, especially if you communicate to your customers why it's a moving target. We aren't in the dark ages any more, people expect quick updates and communication.

Rolfster
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, it stinks that we have to wait and that VW is not providing any additional information.  I check the web for stories, & blogs almost every day and don't get any news.  Aside from that I was curious how Motorola Droid Turbo 2 users were liking their Nougat update and it appears they are having issues (some, not all to be fair) so I keep telling myself that it is good that SGS7 owners did not get the update yet and that VW has bugs to work out possibly that will effect our phones.  Then again, it would be nice if they provided a month in which they were targeting to release Nougat for the SGS7.

0 Likes
socknoggle
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can you say that when Sprint, ATT and T-Mobile have released it on the S7?  It's absolutely Verizon.  Do you work for them?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No I don't work for Verizon Wireless. Never have.

Different teams, different schedules, different requirements for the specific models, different testing procedures. Who knows, maybe the VZW model was finished earlier then the others and sent to the final testing and it failed for reason like the Bluetooth issues the Pixel phones are having or the breaking of applications like the Droid Turbo 2 phones are having. So it was sent back to Samsung for troubleshooting and rewrite. Every time it fails a test it delays the final release to the public.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
socknoggle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wonder if Verizon reads these posts and sees how upset customers are over this.  If they do, do they care?

EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

I believe they do... maybe once a week anyways. I posted an issue with my AoD not showing notifications and they replied asking what software version I was on. Course I replied that day and haven't heard from them since, that was at least 3 days ago I believe. So they read, just don't act very much on it.

As for other comments about Verizon not releasing a "buggy" update... well unfortunately almost all updates are buggy, whether we get it 1st or get it last.  Might not be so buggy if companies like Verizon would STOP putting their own [Removed] on it... who knows.  Either way, a little heads up to when we might possibly get it would be nice.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

PTEC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Besides the fact that all 3 other major US carriers have updated their S7 varieties which can only lead to one factor in why it is not released, Verizon Not manufacturer. Mostly likely root cause, by a mile, is issues with additional software Verizon is installing on top of release.

My problem is their are items in the 7.x update that I desire or need to assist me in my daily use of phone which is the entire reason for existence and, more importantly, why I purchased the latest, greatest and most expensive Android phone from Verizon.

Having been a R&D engineer I fully appreciate the want for a stable general release but consistently delay of the vast majority of updates by substantial time from that of others  is baffling. A balance must be found between releasing a stable update and the other extreme of paralysis by analysis when it is released when virtually stale and outdated. Both of these extremes are bad for customers.

I just want a happy medium and a release so I can utilize functions to achieve better productivity. Thanks

Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

But every time with every phone manufacturer.  I know your a Verizon fanboy, or girl, but don't try to protect them.  It won't gain you anything and you loose respect from other community members.

MAGERB
Enthusiast - Level 3

This could very well be the case. If someone at Verizon could just say something regarding the status it would help. Not saying anything at all is just not good business. As I said previously a little communication goes a long way. They have not even attempted to do so.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless can't. Most of the employees won't know anything and the ones that do are restricted by nondisclosure agreements.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes