Re: When we will get Android 7.1 Nougat for the Galaxy S7 edge
donsmith1964
Enthusiast - Level 2

You answer implies you have knowledge we don't. But it doesn't make sense that Samsung would charge Verizon and not the others. If that is the case Verizon owes us an explanation.  If not, they need to release the upgrade.

EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

Sprint: $794.99

T-Mobile: $779.00 (on sale for like $480 now)

AT&T: $794.99

Verizon: $792.00

Where is that $100 savings for NOT having Samsung Cloud? Remember, having Samsung Cloud would mean people wouldn't PAY for extra storage on the Verizon Cloud!!

I wouldn't say a little better informed, so far all you've done is post some HTC page about THEIR Android upgrade process... Haven't proven that this SLOW update from Verizon is Samsung's fault, especially since 3 other carriers already have it released.  But it's all good Ann... this is just OUR way of venting, knowing full well our comments here fall on Verizon's deaf ears

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

HTC is one of few manufacturers to publicly post their process. Samsung doesn't have any publicly available documentation stating their exact process. Google found the carrier testing took a month at most during their AOSP pilot with Sony. They discovered the longest part of the development involved the regulatory testing for the various hardware components.

The CDMA radios and the large number of LTE frequencies and GSM networks included in the VZW devices are more expensive than a GSM/LTE only device because of the Qualcomm licensing of the CDMA technology.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tlamming
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann unless you work at Verizon, how can you know that it's that? Why are you apologizing for them? At the very least, their communication is terrible and shows that customer service isn't a priority.

mjmjhkgh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154

Do not speak for Verizon anymore.

Does no matter first or last.

Just Let me know ETA. ^^

I think you can find out. ^^

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer public forum. You can't stop me from posting on the thread I chose to participate in here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tlamming
Enthusiast - Level 3

We get it, you are a contrarian. You want to be against what anyone else says debate it and 'win' no matter if the information is correct or not.

mjmjhkgh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154 wrote:

This is a peer to peer public forum. You can't stop me from posting on the thread I chose to participate in here.

Why don't you look at what you said?

and Look at and Think about thread of another response about you.

0 Likes
vicvon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just saw today that verizon released nougat for the motorola droid 2 turbo. The turbo was commissioned in mid 2015, over a year and a half old. But we still do not have nougat on the S7/edge. Unbelievable. I think the only thing to do here is start moving our business to t-mobile and make sure verizon knows why. Don't just leave, tell them why you are leaving.

SLOULY86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I believe that @verizon already has the software, but they just don't want to release it,  or how you're going to explain that 3 out of the 4th carries already released the software.

@verizon please treat us right as a valued customer's.