Re: When we will get Android 7.1 Nougat for the Galaxy S7 edge
appletonpunk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why update when they can make you wait and force you into the s8. It's not like every major carrier in the WORLD has released it or anything. America's best carrier my [Removed]

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

appletonpunk
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's been done for almost 3 months. Verizon is holding it up

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has absolutely nothing to do with delay.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung follows the exact same process as HTC and HTC is very public about their status. Re: HTC 10 & Android 7.0. Read the entire thread from the linked point on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
appletonpunk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Im on the beta, how about you?

The "#1 carrier" is always the last. Don't expect it till April. The same time the s8 launches. Thank God for monthly security updates...

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

7.1.1 and the February security update. I chose a device that actually delivers on its promise of regular updates.

0 Likes
EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on that one Ann.  Verizon has EVERYTHING to do with this delay.  Samsung releases the code to ALL of the carriers. Then each carrier tests things out and of course ADDS their usual Bloatware.  I believe they ALL received the update last month, so far 3 of the major carriers have released it.  Verizon doing their typical drag their [Removed] because hey, they are Verizon, they can do that.

So we'll come here to voice our complaints and accomplish very little.  But it is what it is.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Change HTC to Samsung. The carrier portion is maybe a month of the process. The regulatory portion can be 3 to 6 months. HTC Software Updates Process | HTC United States This is how the updates are done and not your misconception. You need to stop blaming the carriers. It is all on the manufacturers.

0 Likes
EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

Are you serious?  First off, HTC and Samsung are not the same.  Secondly, if this is NOT Verizon's fault, then exactly HOW did AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile all release their updates to the Galaxy S7 Edge?  Do those 3 have some inside line with Samsung? I think not.  And I've been with Verizon for well over 10 years.  Slow updates is nothing new around here.  One reason I didn't get the new Pixel XL was because I heard Verizon would handle updates.

If you want to say Verizon isn't at fault for something, then you can compare HTC to Samsung updates.  In that case HTC could surely issue the update sooner, but when 3 of the 4 major carriers release, then you only have 1 to blame.. Verizon.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are the same in regards to the steps they have to complete for the updates. Different coding teams. Different schedules. Different regulatory procedures with the CDMA network. Different requirements for each carrier regarding the call network, voicemail, and text messages protocols. Maybe a bug was discovered in the lab entry and it was sent back to the manufacturer for troubleshooting and a new build. This last one could repeat multiple times. For example Verizon Wireless could have been sent to the testing lab first and failed spectacularly. So Samsung has to start all over again which could be why it ends up being released after the others.