When can we expect the Security to fix the Blueborne exploit?
ROBLAM21

When can we expect a security update to the Android version on the Galaxy S4?  The last update was in January 2017.

Android has announced that there is an update/patch for the version of Android used by the Samsung Galaxy S4 (Lollipop 5) and I'm hoping that Verizon is moving quickly to move the relevant patch out to all Samsung Galaxy users.  Or are you leaving us vulnerable? 

0 Likes
Re: When can we expect the Security to fix the Blueborne exploit?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of keeping your device updated with the latest software and security updates, ROBLAM21. Sadly, we wouldn’t have any information about when upcoming updates would be available. You can always keep an eye here for new info about updates for your device: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s4-update/
Aside from your concern about the security on your device, was there any issues you’re experiencing?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ROBLAM21

Your reply doesn't answer my question, which I'm embarrassed to say, didn't correctly address the issue. 

Very recently information was released about a Bluetooth vulnerability (Blueborne) that affects the Galaxy S4 as well as other smartphones. An update to fix the vulnerability has been released for some of the newer Verizon branded Samsung phones.  My question is, can we expect an update for Verizon branded Galaxy S4 phones?

Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand your concern about getting the latest security update, ROBLAM21. Regrettably, we don’t have any information about when updates will be released for devices, and the best place to check is the link previously provided for the most recent information. While we don’t have any information about the release of updates, we can help with any issues you may be experiencing with your device or service. Are you having any issues with your device or your service? If so, please elaborate.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes