Re: When can we expect a Lollipop 5.1 update? Or do we have to wait for Android M to come out? Will Android M even be available for the S5?
dgcamero
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, Verizon was the first of the US carriers  to push out the 5.0 update for the GS5, and it was a complete bust. They were the first (or one of the first) to push out the 5.0 update for the LG G2 in May, which disabled the ability of the G2 to charge at more than a snail's pace (and they just updated that phone for the first time since the disastrous May update in November, but didn't list charging problems as a fix, and it broke the GPS in a family member's G2.) Because of the poor track records of the Verizon approved and bloated software updates, I'd rather wait until they have a well functioning and properly tested software version before pushing it to their subscribers.

My GS5 is running fantastic, especially once I disabled most of the Verizon bloatware and *disabled advanced calling*. I have 4 separate push email accounts running on my phone, and I average more than 4 hours of screen on time and around 14 hours of standby time which is fantastic. The only thing I wish they would consider is allowing us to use the fm receiver built into our GS5 (Verizon disabled the customers of their versions of all smartphones they sell's fm receiver in all of their devices), and I really wish they would re-enable the Samsung browser because Chrome leaks too much RAM in Touchwiz. We would have a smoother experience with the ability to use the Samsung browser. I just don't want a garbage software version pushed that will break the phone, why would you?

0 Likes
Re: When can we expect a Lollipop 5.1 update? Or do we have to wait for Android M to come out? Will Android M even be available for the S5?
hitz420
Enthusiast - Level 3

Helloooooooo. Why should we do all this [removed]. I shouldn't have to disable or uninstall or delete anything. If they do test and make sure this 5.1.1 update runs smooth then what you are saying is that when we bought the phone they were [removed] enough to skip testing and all the [removed] that the ""verizon workers"" reply on our posts makes me feel like its a computer randomly spitting words on this community site. I may not be the best typing a sentence or paragraph but i hope all will type random gibberish and see how they like it

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes