Re: When can we expect a Lollipop 5.1 update? Or do we have to wait for Android M to come out? Will Android M even be available for the S5?
tinner72
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe we should all not pay our bill and tell them we have no dates for when it will get paid.

This is rediculous. At&t ,t-mobile and even US cellular have the update.. if someone sold you a lock to your home with a vulnerability and the company didn't fix it you would leave the company.. I say we boycott if something doesn't get done soon.. I'm sick of hearing they have no info on the update..

Re: When can we expect a Lollipop 5.1 update? Or do we have to wait for Android M to come out? Will Android M even be available for the S5?
hitz420
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just give in already. We have the right to know this information.

0 Likes
hitz420
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe we as paying customers should do some type of boycott or send the ceo and owners ridiculous amounts of negative input. I was promised a phone that would be with a always up to date system. Nope. All i got was a samsung galaxy zero wanna b s5 crud. I got suckered by a representative for your company. Ty.

0 Likes
WXScan

I'm another very disappointed Verizon customer.  My S5 has worked like garbage since the 5.0 update. Did 7 factory resets this year already.  I want the 5.1.1 update ASAP.  It's taking way to long for Verizon to push this update out.   I'm ready to root my phone to get the update. I'll be leaving Verizon at the end of this contract.

0 Likes
Wright13

My husband and I both have the s5 and they are running like garbage! All a sudden they both got a "mysterious virus" that version supposedly doesn't know how to fix. This is crap considering the price of their service.

0 Likes
Wright13

Verizon^ Speaking of s5 the auto correct constantly mess up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wright13

I rely on my device everyday and would be concerned too if it started to misbehave. What is going on with your phone? Why do you believe you have a virus? Have you tried to uninstall any new applications? Have you downloaded any updates for your apps?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If I were to complete as many factory resets as you have, WXScan, I too would be clamoring for a fix. While we have zero details as to the availability date for 5.1.1, to ensure that you are informed of this software release ASAP, we recommend subscribing to our email list that informs of all the latest updates:  http://bit.ly/dDumph . In the mean time, we can treat the symptoms of what’s going on currently. What in particular is happening with your S5?
DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cuvee
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is disingenuous for you to make people on this forum feel like you can solve their issues. I took my phone, which was great before the update to 5.0, to the Verizon store, and they verified that there was no fix. They issued me a refurbished phone and instructed me not to update it until 5.1 comes out. So much for all your advice. I realize you are not Verizon management, but you would think that you could escalate this issue to someone who understands the importance of this public relations debacle. All we want is honesty as to when we will see 5.1 for our S5. Even your update page doesn't indicate exactly what version is being released.

tinner72
Enthusiast - Level 3

If they other companies have gotten the update out then why hasn't verizon? I just wanna know if its because they need to get the bloatware working, if they arent as competent or if they just dont care? Answer this question so we can all know

0 Likes