When are we getting an update to 8.1.X?
zitsky
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't find a thread about this.  Feel free to point me there.  It's simple.  When will Galaxy S9+ get an update to 8.1 or later?  Is it even out yet?  8.0.0 I'm sure has bugs.  I'm seeing things like Wifi not working correctly etc.

Re: When are we getting an update to 8.1.X?
Tidbits
Legend

Ask Samsung.  None of their devices has 8.1 and made no mention of making 8.1 for any of their devices.  Carriers don't touch code like most people think they do.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

itsky,

Software updates are released as they become available. While 8.1 is not yet available, when it is, it will appear here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/

What concerns you with your device now?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zitsky
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had problems texting but problem is resolved.  It was a general question about updates.

TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

It appears to be imminent, at least from Samsung:

Android 8.1 Oreo update for the Galaxy S9 is right around the corner

Unfortunately, VZW customers most likely won't see it for six months to a year given Verizon's history in NOT providing timely updates for the Galaxy S9/S9+ (the S9/S9+ are still on Android® Security Patch Level 2018-02-01, released 10 March 2018). Other carriers have released much newer updates for the Galaxy S9/S9+, and VZW itself has released newer security patches/updates across the "current" Galaxy product line, including Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S7, S7 edge, S8, and S8+. Something is definitely wrong when my Corporate VZW Galaxy S6 has Android/Samsung security updates two months newer than my personal VZW Galaxy S9+!

0 Likes
lennyst

AlIn Android 8. 1 there is a new feature that shows you the battery level of Bluetooth devices

0 Likes