Re: When a lot of people talk in a groupchat, all messages will say new mms message to download and will take up to 30 minutes to come through
dvaness322
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Miwako814 I have that problem with at&t users too. One of my friends who has Cricket (which is owned by at&t) has texted me and it took over an hour for the text to come through. I also experience my groupchat problem even when I am in a groupchat with only verizon users.

0 Likes
Re: When a lot of people talk in a groupchat, all messages will say new mms message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, dvaness322. I appreciate the details you've shared and I'd be happy to help. To confirm, when did you first notice this issue begin? What messaging app are you using? Looking forward to hearing back.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
Re: When a lot of people talk in a groupchat, all messages will say new mms message
dvaness322
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would say that I first noticed this issue about a month or two ago. I currently am using the latest version of the Samsung messages app (11.1.65.17).

0 Likes
Re: When a lot of people talk in a groupchat, all messages will say new mms
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping up with your group messages is a must. Let's get his figured out. What make and model phone do you have? are you able to send individual messages to these users? - AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
Re: When a lot of pake up to 30 minutes to come through
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dvaness322, it's important to ensure you receive all of your messages in a timely manner. When did you start to experience difficulties? Are you using the stock messaging app on your phone or a third-party messaging app? 

0 Likes
Re: When a lot of people talk in a groupchat, all messages will say new mms
dvaness322
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Galaxy s9+ (SM-G965U). I am able to send individual messages to those users that I am experiencing my issue with.

0 Likes
Re: When a lot of pake up to 30 minutes to come through
dvaness322
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would say that I first noticed this issue about a month or two ago. I currently am using the latest version of the Samsung messages app which is the stock messaging app on my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, dvaness322! Have you noticed that this happens in one specific location or everywhere you go? Have you noticed that the group messages are only text messages, or picture/video as well? 

MarshallP_VZW

0 Likes
dvaness322
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have noticed the issue I am having in multiple locations. I have noticed that group messages/text messages are the only thing I have had the problem with but that could just be because people don't send pictures that often in the group chat so it doesn't have the opportunity to happen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, dvaness322. Are the new MMS messages all coming in as different conversations?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes