Re: When a lot of people talk in a groupchat, all messages will say new mms message
dvaness322
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have reset the network settings and I am still experiencing the problem.

0 Likes
Re: When a lot of people talk in a groupchat, all messages will say new mms message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dvaness322, 

We thank you for working through this with us. We appreciate you completing the steps. You mentioned using the Samsung Messages. Have you tried the Verizon Messages application? Are your group messages including Apple model phones?

JenelleW_vzw

0 Likes
dvaness322
Enthusiast - Level 3

The groupchats that experience this problem do include apple phones. I don't have any groupchats without apple phones to know if the problem would happen in that case. When i switched to the verizon messages app, the problem I'm having went away but a new problem arose where sometimes when i would send a message it wouldn't go through and would just be stuck on sending. When i switched back to the samsung messages app they all sent instantly. I also prefer the samsung messages app but if I must use the verizon one than I will. If I were to get a new phone and not use the verizon messages app, would my texts work and not have the issue where the messages suddenly stop coming through in groupchats? I have been thinking of getting a new phone to not have to deal with my texting issue but I wouldn't want to get a new phone only for it to have the same problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all of those details dvaness322 and want to ensure we are taking the proper steps to provide a solution. Is this issue happening in one specific location or does it happen everywhere you are? Do you still experience the same issue when you are connected to WiFi?

0 Likes
dvaness322
Enthusiast - Level 3

This issue has happened in multiple locations. I have had this issue at my house where I get three bars of signal and I have also noticed it happening when I was in Branson with I believe three or four bars. I still experience this issue when I am connected to WIFI.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are narrowing this down together, dvaness322. At the end of the day, it is essential that all replies to a group thread come in as near real-time as possible, and in context. From what you have described and shared, the messages are all being “delivered” to the device. We will now focus more on the device itself to address this issue. Great thinking back there to delete the group text to see if it would help. Overall, roughly how many texts would you say you have on the device? For instance, is it a few, hundreds, or thousands? Have you noticed that this happens with all respondents in the group, or only certain ones?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
dvaness322
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would estimate that I have a few thousand texts stored on my phone. I have noticed this issue coming from people with samsung phones and people with iPhones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow, that is quite a few text on your phone. Have you tried to make a new group with a few of these people to see if you have the same problem? Has this worked in the past? AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
dvaness322
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have done groups with only two other people besides myself and I still experience the problem. If I only text one person the problem never happens, it only happens in group chats. Also, the most recent backup that I have made using Samsung smart switch on my computer to back up my phone I noticed that it said I have 18,662 item(s) under the messages tab. I think that this means that I have over 18 thousand saved texts on my phone. Is there a way I can clear out some of the old ones past a certain date but not all of them to see if that helps?

0 Likes
Re: When a lot of people talk in a groupchat, all messages will say new mms message to download and will take up to 30 minutes to come through
Miwako814

In my group chat I’m the only one with Vz everyone else is with Att.  Sometimes it takes hours to get or then to receive my messages.

0 Likes