Wanting to sell my phone to fully pay off what i owe
AnnieMarie101
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Samsung Galaxy s10 and honestly hate it. Literally nothing against the phone. I've just always preferred Apple more. I miss my iPhone but am way past the 14 days to bring it in. So now as I understand it, I can pay off this phone to upgrade. However, I want to sell this phone to get the money to pay it off. So my question is, can I sell the phone for the price I still owe on it, then use what I make to pay off the remaining balance? I'm sorry if this question sounds dumb but I'm trying to avoid any problems. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wanting to sell my phone to fully pay off what i owe
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You can sell it for whatever you can get for it. No one may want to give you what you owe on it. Also selling a phone that still has payments is sketchy. Would you buy a phone from someone that told you they still owed on it? You should pay the phone off first then sell it

0 Likes
AnnieMarie101
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can cover the difference, honestly. That's no problem. I just cant cover fully what I owe and I understand the hesitation completely. I was just wondering. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do not recommend selling a device prior to paying it off fully. This is because the device will not work for the buyer in the meantime.

DillonY_VZW

0 Likes