Re: Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tsmith35x The last thing we want is for you to be unhappy with your new S8 (congratulations by the way). I don't blame you for not wanting to add 3rd party apps if not necessary along with having simple features like Voicemail. I will definitely forward your concerns to the appropriate individuals. It's because of customers like you, changes take place. Hang in there while we continue our efforts to get you the features you need.

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DKP89MN, we understand how important it is to have the visual voicemail application working at all times. I appreciate the steps you have taken thus far. We would like to submit additional information to our developers. When did this begin for you? Prior to you disabling the lock screen was this occurring when you listened to your voicemail via the network or on WIFI?

TionnaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JoelCool
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn't appear anything is getting done about this.  I think they have random employees come in to say something once in a while which is no help at all as those in this thread have already identified what causes the issue.

I put in a call to Samsung Pay and tried to stay patient as the first level support walked me through all the things we've all done over and over.  Finally they admitted it had to go to some higher level though I'm not sure what that is and it was 4 days ago and I haven't heard boo.  So I'm not confident it will be resolved from that side either.

I'm a developer myself and if me or the company I work responded the way these two companies are, we might be out of business soon.

Sigh...   Smiley Sad

0 Likes
depreciated
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everyone has the same problem.

Please, tech support, pretend to read the thread in chronological order. Then step back for a second. Imagine several users with one problem; not several individuals with a plethora of chaotic conditions.

Step back again. Re-read if needed. Step back.

Then offer a clear and concise response. Use a wide-sprectrum view instead of auditing the minutiae, such as whether this problem occurs underwater, when the phone is off, if you own a pair of Chucks or are a Virgo.

0 Likes
DKP89MN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure when it started. Several months ago, at least. At first I was just mildly annoyed by it and thought I was doing something wrong, but the problem persisted until a couple weeks ago when I finally had enough and tried to find a solution online, which is when I discovered this thread. The problem occurs whether I'm listening to voice mail on the network or over wi-fi. It doesn't matter.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that the visual voicemail issue is resolved. Past posts have indicated that the issue is being caused by a recent software update and there may be an issue with a third party app. We can see this is a deeper issue than the voicemail app as tested by covering an uncovering the proximity sensor on the phone as well. When an Android phone works correctly in safe mode this indicates a third party app is causing the issue. Since the application is working correctly in safe mode we can see the visual voicemail app itself is working properly.

We always want to make things as easy as possible by asking questions in order to get to the root cause of the issue. I know it is disappointing when something like this happens after an update, this is certainly not the intention of the manufacturer when an update is released. After completing troubleshooting steps it may come to a point where a phone does need to be reset. This is especially true when we are working with an issue that was caused by an update. The steps we recommend are also recommended directly from Samsung. Those steps are to 1. Wipe Cache Partition and 2. Factory Reset if the issue persists. A factory reset does fully reset the software in the phone and will allow the device to function correctly with the new software. There are several posts that have confirmed this has resolved the issue.

It can certainly take some time to get a phone back the way it was after a reset, if this is not preferred calling *86 can be used to call to check voicemail. We understand this is an important issue that needs to be resolved. The information provided has been lifted up directly to Samsung and an update has been released for the S8 devices starting 5/12: http://vz.to/2ouS1M6.

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes
dave1997
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe that earlier in the thread you'll see where others have attempted a factory reset with no luck. I've also reset my device several times and wiped the cache partition. You claim that the issue is not part of the Verizon visual voicemail app. But why is there no issue with other carriers and their voicemail apps and Samsung pay? The problem is clearly between the Verizon app and how it reacts to Samsung pay. The Samsung pay app is the same on all carrier devices. So the variable here is the Verizon voicemail app. Stop trying to appease us and quit instructing us to take steps that not only create inconvenience, but also have been proven to do nothing to solve the problem. The only corrective measure is for Verizon engineers/developers to fix the Verizon app so it functions properly when in the presence of Samsung Pay.

DANSLO26
Enthusiast - Level 2

Resetting the phone does not work. This happened on my S6 as well and it

was never resolved. This makes me considering going to another carrier and

having them buy out my phone. This is ridiculous. So no I am not factory

resetting my phone because Verizon can't fix their voice mail

On May 14, 2017 8:45 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

DKP89MN
Enthusiast - Level 3

From the responses by Verizon to this thread, it seems quite obvious that nobody within the company has a Samsung phone that's experiencing the same problem to troubleshoot it themselves. Therefore, I will be happy to take sacrifice mine for everyone else in the world experiencing this issue. Verizon, please send a free new iPhone 7+ (256G, Jet Black) to the address on my account. As soon as I receive it, I'll send you mine so you can run all the tests you want on it to find the problem and fix it for everyone. Thank you.

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another possibility that hasn't been mentioned much is an issue with the customized version of Android that Verizon forces on us. They don't want to hear that possibility.

0 Likes