Voice Search In YouTube Not Working
CRMorales
Enthusiast - Level 2

I frequently use the voice search in YouTube when looking for video clips.  I would say something and it wouldn't find exactly what I wanted because it found something similar in the history.  I saw I had a lot of search results so I decided to clear it and I did.

I tried a simple search of "cute kittens playing" and it went through the motions of the microphone activating, showing pulses when I spoke, and when the chime for the end when the microphone turns gray, nothing was in the search results.  I typed it in and I had search results.  I tried another phrase and same result, nothing in search results.

I tried the Internet Browser and the voice search worked, and I tried the Chrome browser and it worked when I said, "OK Google".

I tried YouTube search and the voice feature doesn't work.  I only cleared the YouTube history.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Voice Search In YouTube Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello CRMorales, let's get to the bottom of this together! My best suggestion would be to reset the Youtube application so that it goes back to default settings. Here's steps http://vz.to/1rg3xVy You can also uninstall the application completely and then reinstall to see if voice recognition comes back.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CRMorales
Enthusiast - Level 2

I followed the instructions from the link you provided.  It did not work.  I tried the second suggestion.  YouTube does not have an Uninstall button, but it has an Uninstall Updates button.  I chose that option.  It worked and Voice Search worked great.  However, after I installed the latest update, the Voice Search did not work again.  I have two phones and I find it strange that it affects one phone and not the other, yet it's the same model phone, the Galaxy S4.  One is Black Mist and the other is White Frost.  Voice Search works fine on the White Frost phone with the latest version of YouTube, but not the Black Mist phone.

Here are the YouTube versions on both phones:

Black Mist ---> 5.1.10   - updates uninstalled

White Frost ---> 5.5.27

Thank you for your help, but I hope the next update of YouTube will fix this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CRMorales,

Thanks for reaching back out to us. That does seem a bit odd that one device is working with no issues. While you were in the YouTube application where you uninstalled updates, did you clear data, and clear cache? If not, let's clear those out as well. Once they are cleared please power off the phone all the away. Leave the phone off for a few seconds power it back on and then re-try the YouTube application. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes