Re: Visual voicemail goes to lock screen
jsaidoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had originally fixed the issue by wiping the cache partition. However, the problem has returned. Now, again, when I try to listen to the voicemail, put the phone to my ear, the screen turns off and the message stops playing.

Galaxy S8+

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jsaidoo,

I would be puzzled if the issues came back after I fixed it. I'll be happy to help. When did this originally start for you? Does it happen everywhere you go?

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jsaidoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the issue since the start of owning my S8+ (which I got on release day). Clearing the cache partition seems to fix the issue temporarily. I was able to listen to the voicemails (privately) that were already in my inbox. My suspicion is that this didn't work for new messages.

After previously clearing the cache partition,  I was able to listen to, and delete the 4 or 5 VMs I had. Since then, the problem has returned (was never able to listen to a new message).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jsaidoo,

Thank you for the helpful information Jason. I am confident that we can figure this out. Let’s also make sure your mobile / cellular data is working. First, turn off Wi-Fi, and then try to browse the internet or use an app that requires a data connection, like Facebook, Twitter, etc. Were you able to browse the internet or use the voicemail application successfully? Does it matter where you go?

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
gddeals
Enthusiast - Level 3

this problem has been identified as a problem with samsung pay's favorite cards feature and fixed by a samsung pay update.

verizon support can stop giving useless troubleshooting advice now.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wow! Who would have thought? Can you please provide the link to the information from Samsung detailing the bug fix?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jsaidoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happens on wi-fi or not on wi-fi. At home, work, and on the road. Internet works everytime. The voicemail will play on speaker, or if I use headphones - it just stops when I put it up to my ear and the screen turns off (like when the screen turns off when I'm on a call - except the call doesn't drop).

0 Likes
mkfaller
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have same issue and am still on 6.0.1 so it is not a Nougat problem. but I am getting many of the "nougat" problems reported.  I just disabled and Uninstalled all of the gear vr and oculus software as well as DTignite and NFL mobile. Then I restarted my phone. The oculus drivers are regularly  updating on my phone and that was the only thing I could think of that could be causing my problem. and the other items are useless so I disabled them. it worked for now to fix the problem. Will see if it returns.

0 Likes
mkfaller
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, it only helped until I got a new voicemail. Then the problem returned. So, not solved.

0 Likes
JOLSPENC

Same issue here on my Galaxy Note 5, and also on my husband's Galaxy S7.  Both have been doing this since we got the phones - we have no apps interfering.

Whenever we bring the phone up to our ear, the visual voicemail stops playback.  Speaker, headset, headphones it all works fine.

I've googled this, and I have found articles about this problem in Visual Voicemail dating back to 2012.

I found a post from 2015 that suggested a workaround of changing your lock settings to be more than 30 seconds instead of instantly locking the phone.  Unfortunately, that workaround has not worked for me - my screen does not lock until after 2 minutes.  I don't believe the visual voicemail is stopping playback upon screen lock.  It's stopping playback as soon as the screen goes off.

Since the problems seems to have existed for this long, I don't have much hope Verizon is going to fix it.

0 Likes