Visual Voicemail for unlocked Samsung S8
KRIFRAF
Enthusiast - Level 1

When will visible voice mail be available for unlocked Samsung s8?

It is unacceptable to be told that this will be an option and not told when. 

I AM A LONGTIME CUSTOMER (10+ years) and I do not want to go back to listening to my vm via *86 on my new device.  It is clunky and time consuming.I have had visual voicemail for years.  In the play store. I see both T-mobile and AT&T offer the vm app, clearly for the same issue.

Where I buy my phone is my business. If you didn't add so much bloatware maybe I would have bought it from Verizon.

In doing research on this. I see a lot of people complaining of the same issue. Get it together Verizon. YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN.

Re: Visual Voicemail for unlocked Samsung S8
IYEVS13
Enthusiast - Level 1

funny... verizon has no problem chsrging me 2.99 a month for the visual voicemail they havent offered me on my unlocked S8.  just found the billing today when looking for how to access visual voice mail. Also how come i cant change number of rings before voicemail kicks in?

BONBRO18
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im baffled that there is no Visual Voicemail option on the unlocked S8 I purchased. Please make this available ASAP!

RegularMan1

I got unlocked Samsung Note 8, and I also can't install the Visual Voice mail, it says that it does not support my phone. I want from cricket and they had voice mail app for android which works without any issues.

I do not know why it is so hard to make such an app for all phones.

Here is the link to the play store with visual voice mail, but most likely it will be blocked for you as well unless you have a Verizon branded phone.

Verizon Visual Voice Mail - Android Apps on Google Play

What if I get Pixel/Pixel2/2XL/Note 8/Galaxy S8/S8+ not from Verizon? Why Can't I use visual voicemail, there is nothing specific to the phone, all other carriers just give you an option to download an app and use it....

with *86 on my not 8 I feel like I'm on a Jet in Prehistoric Era.

Can ypu please just update your app and make it available of all the phones, at least make sure that restrictions make sense, Like android 4+, etc.

0 Likes
CARDIB48

I am so angry I am actually speechless.

0 Likes
Watson4664
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just switched to Verizon  this week and  have the same problem on my Samsung s7 and s8.  AT&T provides a visual voice mail on google play store that works on unbranded phones.  I am surprised that Verizon will not do not do it also.  If not for the poor coverage of AT&T in my area I would switch back.  Sales lied to me and said Visual voice mail  should work.  About time Verizon got with the program and provided an application like AT&T does.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Watson4664, I am thrilled to hear you joined the Verizon family. I understand that being able to use Visual voicemail is vital to you and if there were a way for us to provide you Verizon branded Visual Voicemail, we would do it in a heartbeat. When phones are manufactured for a specific carrier all of the carrier branded features will work on those phones. Verinon branded billing features are mot compatible with non Verizon devices. Does this information help?

-Jacob_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Watson4664
Enthusiast - Level 1

I assume this is a marketing position to force customers to purchase Verizon phones.  The simple question is that if AT&T can provide a google play store application that works with their visual voice mail, why isn't Verizon willing to do the same?  Bottom line is that AT&T is providing the better customer service.

0 Likes
jasonallen121
Enthusiast - Level 1

This post was pointless

0 Likes