Re: Very displeased
Liseey02
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Ann154 thanks for the info. Had I known it at the time I probably would have purchased directly from Samsung since there was no advantage purchasing through Verizon at full retail cost.

However, I still stand by the fact that in my case, since I purchased the phone from Verizon my issue lies with them and that they hold the leverage for resolution. Even more so because they are reaping the profit of my $700 purchase and can afford to do something about it.

0 Likes
Liseey02
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not mixing up business models. I am proposing one that better suits everyone.

My decision is to pursue this with Verizon.

If Verizon is aware of the issue (regardless of whether they are willing to admit it) then THEY should be the ones sticking it to Samsung because they hold the billion dollar business with them and are in a position to do the negotiating. The customer doesn't have the leverage or negotiating power that Verizon does with Samsung.

I am sure there is a way to prove (or strongly infer from empirical data) that there is a defect versus abuse. Further, if Verizon can't prove it one way or the other, why not make the customer happy? Because in the end, they want my continuing subscription to their service which is worth much more than a $700 phone each year.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Who do you go to if you have a warranty issue with a Samsung TV you would have purchased from Best Buy, Walmart, local electronics store?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Liseey02
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I would start with the retailer to whom I paid money and made a profit from me. It's no skin off their teeth to demand a replacement from the manufacturer and a reputable retailer would do so.

In fact, I was in a similar situation recently. I purchased a designer handbag from Zappos and after a year of intermittent use, the closing mechanism totally fell apart. I contacted Zappos and they immediately issued me a full refund. Zappos is a great example of how customer service can be done right.

0 Likes
Not applicable

In the case of Walmart the return was up to 12 months (since changed I think to 90 days) where that tv or appliance or almost anything could be replaced no questions asked. I myself have returned a coffee maker that was acting up and Walmart just told me to go back and get another one. However I would not have exchanged it after say 3 months. But I know I could.

Best Buy has a different return policy, they charge you money. The manufacturer of my plasma TV clearly states not to contact the retailer. But to contact them. LG USA then arranged to service or replacement. That is the way it should work.

In a perfect world everything works forever, devices never break, your fellow human being understands the issues and helps you out with pleasure and the company policy is satisfy the customer. The manufacturer wants to satisfy the retailer and all is well in the business world. But alas that is not what happens in our throw away world.

Liseey02
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good comments!

In my opinion, I like the Walmart business model better than Best Buy. It is exactly the point I have been trying to make - there are ways to support the products and services. Companies are finding a way to do it. Verizon needs to step up their game!

Funny Best Buy should come up in discussion as a parallel to Verizon in  policies - if you look up companies with the worst customer satisfaction these two are at the top of the list!

0 Likes