Re: Verizon vs. unlocked Galaxy S10
Qdawgz

For everyone saying video calling is not there for unlocked galaxies...Google Duo is 3x better anyway, seriously.  It's a must have for video chatting iPhone users.

0 Likes
RayMN

1) I don't want all those verizon bloatware apps on my phone since I don't use them

2) I can buy the phone cheaper out right from another seller

3) I does not change my contract

4) I don't have to "deal with verizon sales"

0 Likes
MVLNaples
Enthusiast - Level 1

I  am an attorney and bought an unlocked then new Note 8 directly from Samsung.  I switched my Verizon service from my old to new cell phone. I did not realize it did not have VOICEMAIL. In order to have voicemail on my unlocked phone, I had to download and use an app. The primary consumer purpose of a cellular phone is for telephonic communication. That primary function is capable of being performed by the hardware and software installed by Samsung. Verizon takes the position that voicemail is a feature available only if you buy the phone through them as part of their bundled services. Accordingly, when you transfer to the new phone, existing features such as voicemail vanish unless it was a Verizon store phone. Verizon employees says the phone will function, just dial $$& then hit 2 to hear messages, but that is not correct as the phone does not get to that junction. The phone allowed me to SET UP the illusion of voice mail. It allowed me to create an outgoing message. It even allowed messages to be received and to reach a certain capacity. However, an app was required to be installed to play messages and access them. In addition, Verizon could not (allegedly) find or retrieve the messages during the 2 1/3 month window of time around April 2019 when this occurred. I expect if FBI or state court needed they might find it. I am an attorney. This was beyond upsetting. I even left a voicemail for myself in utter disbelief. This probably rises to the level of.... I won't say it. We need peace in society right now. However in my case, it created the impression and the actual fact of deceptive business practice. The average consumer does not anticipate such difficulties. I still use this phone and my voice mail fills so quickly on the recommended app. I don't understand why all this effort as people try to leave messages and it's full. I get many calls. People get angry. Clients. My mother. Now today I see. There is a paid premium service. For a slight fee, I have a larger voice mail. $2.99 a month. I would gladly have paid 3X that amount for proper voicemail. Verizon should be ashamed. Voicemail is the proper feature of telephonic communication. The primary purpose of the cellular telephone is to talk via this hand held devise instead of a landline phone that is wall-mounted or portable. The second exciting feature is the telephone answering machine so you don't have to sit next to the devise waiting for it to ring, and with modern technology the answering machine is now teeny tiny and fits inside the little rectangle in your purse or pocket. Unless it is deactivated of course. 

MATDAU85

What was the recommended app?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If you are currently experiencing any issues, we are always here to help.  Please reach out to us anytime for further assistance.

0 Likes