Re: Verizon Visual Voicemail app no longer compatible on Galaxy S7 after Oreo Update
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Was that in the app its self? Because one of the things they told me to do after an update was to clear the cache partition in recover mode.

Turn phone off

Then hold the power-volume up-home

The phone will go into recovery mode

Then use the volume down to highlight clear cache partition Press power

Then volume down to say yes and press power again

The phone will then reboot in recovery mode then press power to reboot the phone

This will clear out all the old files that are left behind after an update

It will not change any of your settings on the phone

This partition is like a hard drive on a computer and holds all the old files

that your phone doesn't need anymore and some of these files can cause

conflicts with the new files but it is safe to clear this out after you get an update

Also have you gone to the play store and update all your apps?

Going from nougat to oreo they may all need to be updated

Re: Verizon Visual Voicemail app no longer compatible on Galaxy S7 after Oreo Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Clearing the cache partition after a software update is something we do recommend, Kathy65793. So, you definitely have the right information. Are you have a continued problem with your visual voicemail after the update? 

Joey_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SkyyWolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done this "wipe cache partition" on my S7, and I still get the error "Voicemail keeps stopping" when trying to access my voicemail on the app built into my phone. Having to call *86 just to see if I even HAVE a voicemail (because it no longer even notifies me when I have one) is beyond annoying when the app worked perfectly before oreo.

What else can I do to get this confounded app to work properly?

justagrrlinny
Enthusiast - Level 2

HiSkyyWolf, I called Verizon and they had me go into Settings/Apps/Voicemail/Storage and first clear the cache by tapping the Clear Cache button, then clearing the data by tapping the Clear Data button. Then they had me reopen the app. It'll go through the accept terms screen and then your app should work again same as before. Hope this helps!

SkyyWolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately,  when I go to settings>apps>voicemail  I don't have an option to clear data or cache. I can force stop the app, but that's the only option I have. And that doesn't work either. The app tries too open now at least, but immediately crashes again and sends several "voicemail has stopped" and "voicemail keeps closing" errors like 6 times in a row.

SkyyWolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, I lied... I didn't see you saying click on storage. That *seems* to have worked... guess I'll see in a couple of days if it's still working. But I definitely appreciate the reply!! You may have just fixed my problem!

justagrrlinny
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's great news! Glad I could share the solution I got from Verizon Tech Support! Nothing I did fixed it until this and since their fix, my Voicemail app has worked perfectly as before the Oreo update! Hope yours does as well. All my best! xxx

b2d
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issue. Verizon has been less than helpful resolving this. All I have received is a lot of the same apology message from 2 or 3 different reps. So frustrating! As it stands I cannot open visual voicemail and receive no notifications of new text messages. Also the poor battery life compared to before the update.