Re: Verizon Samsung galaxy s3 update to 4.3 is coming
jeffmoline
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think JSS15J.L710VPUBMK5 is for Sprint/Virgin Mobile. Correct me if I'm wrong.

0 Likes
wanttofish
Contributor - Level 1

I just noticed that my friends gs3 model # is different than mine. I Googled his model # which is SPH-L710. This model # shows this phone model is possibly a Sprint phone. He said again today his service is Verizon. I hope he isn't messing with me. I apologize if this causes inconvenience to anyone.... Can anyone advise? I have a cell phone camera picture of his phone info page but can't seem to post it here.

0 Likes
wanttofish
Contributor - Level 1

he swears his services Verizon

0 Likes
Bentmountain
Contributor - Level 1

That looks to be a Virgin Mobile build

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to be logged into the desktop version of this forum to upload a picture in a post.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
skimslippy

I spoke to a Verizon rep, via live chat. He said that they are still testing the update to assure that it won't cause problems with customer devices. They are expected to roll out the 4.3 update within the next few weeks, but he could not confirm a specific date.

0 Likes
jdpenley3
Contributor - Level 1

Funny, because I just spoke to one, and they claim they have no information on an update. So where did you get your information? They claim they have no release date, and no information about any update for the S3.

0 Likes
ca_randy

Has Verizon made any comment on this at all, or are they just keeping customers completely in the dark to speculate while all other major carriers have received the upgrade?   Even a generic "..Please be patient while we..."  would be nice.

0 Likes
Dougatl

Verizon has been my carrier for the past  eight years and the support, service continues to decrease and of course the cost increases. So I"am not surprised that the Samsung s3 is still not available and no news of when we can expect.

When my contract ends I will be moving to another carrier, all the best who stays with Verizon as the provider.

0 Likes
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

In other words, when they say they are testing it to make sure it doesnt break the device, what they are really saying is, we want to make sure it works well with all the bloatware we are going to add to it.

0 Likes