VZW Reps Lied to me about affects of update, deny problem
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

My S3 has been affected by the low 4G signal too.  Where I live and work are close to towers so I didn't notice it.  I live in Phoenix and never drop out of 4G anywhere.  I did some driving around and now find the phone constantly drops to 3G.  The good thing is it will come back to 4G when I get near a tower. 

So, I called VZW tech support, and I'm sure you can all guess what the rep said.  "We have not heard of any issues at all regarding this update causing a problem with the S3."  I told him about the online articles and forums and that their very own VZW Galaxy S3 forums are full of complaints, but he said no.  I insisted there was a problem and he put me on hold multiple times to talk to other techs.  He transferred me to a higher level, maybe level 2 support.  This person also started off saying they had no problems.  After a while I could hear through her lies as she started asking me questions and she knew exactly what to ask about what was happening.  Then, I guess not even caring that she lied to me, she said everyone who has had this problem has been corrected with a factory reset.  I told her that is not what is being posted on the forums and she insisted I do the reset.  Told her no, that I was busy at work and would do it later.  Of course I'm not going to.

The issue here is that the 2 things I hate both happened.  One, they lied and didn't seem to even care about the fact they were exposed.  Second, they think everyone else is stupid.  I absolutely can't stand it when they think we're stupid and they can lie and we won't know it.  I don't have the time now, but later this week when I do I'm going to call and demand a partial refund due to lack of reliable 4G data I am paying for. 

0 Likes