Using my S3 with another SIM Card
akeys100

Before traveling, I spoke with Verizon about using my phone while abroad. I told them I would want to get a local SIM card, and I was assured that this was possible because the S3 was unlocked. Now that I have arrived in Europe and bought a SIM card, I keep getting the error message: This SIM card is from an unknown source. I'm unable to use my phone, and I'm so frustrated. I don't have access to a land line where I can call Global Support, so now I'm on the other side of the world with no phone. I tried changing the mobile network to GSM and to Global, changing the available network, restarting the phone, and more. I have no idea what to do. Help?!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using my S3 with another SIM Card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

akeys100,

I am so sorry to hear that your device is not working with the international carrier SIM. I do understand that it can be frustrating to be without a device. The Samung Galaxy S3 is unlocked for international use. It is not guaranteed that the international SIM will be compatible with the device though as the international carrier may use a network that is not compatible with the device. I do apologize for any inconvenience. To further investigate this concern we would need to get in touch with our Global Support team though. When you have an available phone you can reach out to our global team with this prepaid calling card for free... http://vz.to/1thWKRd

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

akeys100,

I am so sorry to hear that your device is not working with the international carrier SIM. I do understand that it can be frustrating to be without a device. The Samung Galaxy S3 is unlocked for international use. It is not guaranteed that the international SIM will be compatible with the device though as the international carrier may use a network that is not compatible with the device. I do apologize for any inconvenience. To further investigate this concern we would need to get in touch with our Global Support team though. When you have an available phone you can reach out to our global team with this prepaid calling card for free... http://vz.to/1thWKRd

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
capun

I don't think that is quite true. I had a similar problem. The voice mode worked fine (didn't tried SMS) but no data. With a new SIM card you need to set the APN but the SIII wouldn't let me do it.

0 Likes