Re: Upgrading Samsung Galaxy S5 to Marshmallow?
bearone21
Legend

a master rest after a system update, i've never heard that one before unless having problems after the reset, why lose & have to redo everything??

0 Likes
DMZMAN
Contributor - Level 1

>>>>> I want you to love everything about your new software update as they are meant to enhance the phone<<<<<<

Boulderdash! After last year's LOLLIFLOP update turned good working S5's into nightmares users wanted to smash with a hammer and throw against a wall, I've come to doubt that. So far, Marshmallow isn't exactly knocking my socks off though it's definitely better than LOLLIFLOP.

Let's see what we've discovered so far shall we:

- Downloaded and installed fonts aren't useable

- Application updates through the Play Store take apps previously moved to the SD card and moves them back into Internal Memory requiring you to move them to the SD card again.

- Battery life stinks!  I'm lucky if I get a few hours out of a fully charged battery even after deleting the cache.

- Widgets disappear after restarting and have to be reinstalled after each restart.

- Bluetooth doesn't work with my car the way it used to and is now a pain to make a call with

- Adding a Google voice # only compounds the Bluetooth / Car issue where there was none before

So my response to VZW tech support is FIX EVERYTHING and stop [removed] us, OK?

Profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software upgrades are supposed to enhance the phone, DMZMAN. I want to work with you to get to the bottom of the issues you are experiencing. It sounds like the software update on your device is conflicting with the software of your exsisting apps. Have you done updates on your applications lately?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DMZMAN
Contributor - Level 1

Of course everything is updated. Same [removed] different day.  So what else is new?

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand having the latest software is important DMZMAN. You can stay updated here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ Is there something going on with your device?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DMZMAN
Contributor - Level 1

>>>>> Is there something going on with your device? <<<<<

YES!  It's got Marshmallowitius.  A disease caused by operating system updates that WEREN'T fully tested before release.

0 Likes