Upgrading Samsung Galaxy S5 to Marshmallow?
dadanubian
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last update for Galaxy S5 was months ago, is it incapable with the Marshmallow update? If not, how can I update my device?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrading Samsung Galaxy S5 to Marshmallow?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zitsky, I want you to love everything about your new software update as they are meant to enhance the phone. Help is here as I want you to have the ability to use your Pandora application. Typically with any software update, it is best to do a complete master reset to “clean” the phone up and ensure that all previous applications are compatible with the new update. If you don’t feel comfortable doing that option just yet, may I suggest turning off Power Saving Mode on the device and the test the Pandora app. Here are the steps. Settings>Power saving>ultra power saving mode>turn it off.

Natashaa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ZombiAndrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

good luck,  us note 4 users JUST  got 5.1.1, doubt we'll Ever see 6 until we decide to blow MORE $ on uet ANOTHER flagship phone that won't be supported 6 months down the line.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Google searches indicate that Marshmallow was rolled out for the S5 in Europe last month. Who knows how long it will take Verizon Wireless to release it...if at all...to their users.

SixEye
Enthusiast - Level 1

S5 still has 5.0.

This is getting ridiculous.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

My S4 is still on 5.0.1, and, it looks like Samsung is not going to do any further OS updates. I've been using Android devices for a while now, but, I'm ready to go in a different direction.

0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

i just got the marshmallow update this morning for my s5

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

any problems??

0 Likes
zitsky
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just did the Marshmallow upgrade to Android 6.0 and I'm sorry I did it.  Pandora isn't working with my car anymore.  From Pandora I get "buffering".  From car I get "no artist info loading".  It was working fine with Android 5.0.  Obviously Pandora needs to update their app for Android 6.  I am really upset that I did this update.  I'm trying to find out if it's possible to downgrade.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

any problems other than pandora??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zitsky, I want you to love everything about your new software update as they are meant to enhance the phone. Help is here as I want you to have the ability to use your Pandora application. Typically with any software update, it is best to do a complete master reset to “clean” the phone up and ensure that all previous applications are compatible with the new update. If you don’t feel comfortable doing that option just yet, may I suggest turning off Power Saving Mode on the device and the test the Pandora app. Here are the steps. Settings>Power saving>ultra power saving mode>turn it off.

Natashaa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes