Updates to contacts in Outlook are not updating on my S8
INKEY
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone appears to be syncing at least daily, but corrections to my contacts in MS Outlook from my laptop are not updating on my S8.  When I uploaded my contacts to Outlook from an Excel spreadsheet, the contact names had a $ in front of the first name and the last name.  Whenever I search a contact, I edit the contact and delete the $ in front of first and last name and of course I save the changes.  However, none of these changes have ever updated to my phone.  The biggest problem really comes when I'm using Bluetooth in my car and I ask it to call a particular name.  If one of the names has the $ in front of it, the contact cannot be found and I am unable to make the call.  This is a big problem in cities where I am required to be hands-free on my phone while driving.

0 Likes
Re: Updates to contacts in Outlook are not updating on my S8
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important for your phone to be able to sync changes, INKEY. I understand you uploaded the contacts via an Excel sheet. Can you clarify if your Outlook account is on your device? You can check this by going to Settings>Accounts. If your account is saved to the phone, please select it and on the following screen select your email address. On the following screen, you will be able to manage your sync settings. Is sync contacts enabled?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
INKEY
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes.  The exchange server account is on my phone and sync has always been enabled.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m glad that’s been confirmed. Our next step to have these updated contacts flowing is to remove and re-add the exchange account. Here are those steps, INKEY.
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211283/
Do the updated contacts show after re-adding the account? 

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!