Updated my S4 today to 4.3
JHO1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bit the bullet and finally updated my S4 today.  The 4.3 software was automatically downloaded on to my phone a few weeks ago.  I did not want to install 4.3 because of all the negative comments and I did not want my phone to get all screwed up.  At first, the "install 4.3 software" screen appeared every so often and I would just hit the back button to make it disappear. 

A few days ago this "screen" started to appear every few minutes and was driving me nuts!  I was afraid i was going to accidentally hit the "install" button at the most inopportune time.  After contemplating, I decided to install.  I was ready to do a factory reset if there were glitches after installation.

I made sure the battery was fully charged & phone connected to ac power with the white cable that came with it.  I was connected to my home "wifi" and the phone mobile data was on.  I uninstalled a 3rd party virus program.  I left everything else intact.  The 4.3 software took about 10 minutes or so to install.  I also installed a new update that came out this week--which took a few minutes to install.

After the 2 installations, I tested my phone and it works perfectly.  I reinstalled my antivirus software.  I have no wifi connection or charging problems.  Overall I feel my phone is running better than 4.2.2.  The battery is staying charged longer and the phone is more responsive.  All my 3rd party apps are running like they were.  One less decision to worry about now, until the next update.