Update without WiFi
NICMAR32
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I downloaded the update without WiFi. I do not have access to WiFi and want to use my mobile data but there is no option

Re: Update without WiFi
bearone21
Legend

uncheck wi-fi ....settings/wi-fi

NICMAR32
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is, and it's off. It literally gives no other option

bearone21
Legend

if wi-fi isn't turned on,you're not in a verizon service area.

NICMAR32
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I am in a Verizon service area. I wish I could post a screenshot so you could actually understand what I am saying.

It says "connect to WiFi and download this update for free" there is no option to not do so. My wifi is off. I never use wifi since I have unlimited data so unless there is somewhere else something needs to be changed everything to you have said is invalid

bearone21
Legend

it sounds like it isn't a verizon update....verizon won't say, "download for free".

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to update without WiFi is important at times. You have the option to do this through the Google play store. If you go to the Google play store and select the menu on the top left and then go to settings there will be an option to change it to update on cellular data. I hope this helps.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NICMAR32
Enthusiast - Level 2

No this was no help. It's not an app it was a software update. I ended up

having to use my mifi to do the update and use my own data to update it.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

On Dec 3, 2017 12:16 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to download and apply a software update without Wi-Fi is definitely something that can be done, NICMAR32. Typically, you would get an alert stating that you’re not connected to Wi-Fi and be given the option to proceed over cellular data. This will never happen automatically over your cellular data connection. We’re glad that you were able to finally get the update installed, but we wanted to set you up for future success. Here’s some additional information that may help in the future: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-210995/

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

ONESLUV9
Enthusiast - Level 1

It doesn't give any other option only says connect to wifi to download software update I dont have access to wifi