Re: Update 4.1.2 deleting large blocks of text following backspace correction
Frce81

ANOTHER UPDATE!

DOWNLOADED JELLY BEAN KEYBOARD BY VLLWP -- SEEMS TO BE WORKING -- TRYING TO RE-CREATE THE PROBLEM AND SO FAR SO GOOD

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

Pass the buck, classic....

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

Ok, I might be loosing my mind, but I went back to the Samsung keyboard and played with it a lil bit,(a friend has same phone and said they don't use predictive text, and has not had any issues, which I found to be the case)but it seems that with the predictive text on,  it seems to be working now?!?!  I think, I haven't been able to recreate the loosing text issue right now. Will keep trying, has anyone seen that theirs is working now? And if so, How is that, no new update. 

UPDATE UPDATE>>>>> Yes I was loosing my mind, with predictive text on, it still deletes, DUH. Ok back to swype keyboard. LOL

0 Likes
wanttofish1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy S3 Same text deleting problem while typing and correcting text. PLEASE FIX NOW!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Pharaoh37
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I are experiencing the same issue. Go to make a simple correction and the whole message is gone. Yes, this must be resolved soon. I will email Samsung myself as well. I wish I had had a choice about the update. It just came on one day. I was excited at first but this inconvenience makes it hardly worth it. Samsung, get it together!

<< Message edited to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
cheryl_hiccups

FYI, I have the same issue and I am on Sprint, galaxy s3. So it's not a Verizon thing. Would appear to be a Samsung-Jelly Bean issue. Thanks for the suggestion about downloading a new keyboard app.

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

cheryl.hiccups wrote:

FYI, I have the same issue and I am on Sprint, galaxy s3. So it's not a Verizon thing. Would appear to be a Samsung-Jelly Bean issue. Thanks for the suggestion about downloading a new keyboard app.

It's definitely a Software update not related to any carrier.  The 4.1.2 update is the culprit, and it's junk.

0 Likes
devedsmith
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm really stunned that this conversation has gone on so long with the new battery life issue since the last update. I'm sure there are more important issues than the keyboard.

0 Likes
wanttofish
Contributor - Level 1

You're saying rhe keyboard isn't important? That's like saying rhe steering qheel on a car doeant have to be working right.

0 Likes
chucktc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hear you.  But I suspect you haven't randomly lost 2-3 minutes of typing in one key stroke.  It is pretty frustrating.  Maybe if I was a faster Android typist 😉

0 Likes