Unlocking older Galaxy phones
hangingcurveball

I have two older Galaxy phones - an S3 and an S6 - that are just sitting in a drawer. I would like to sell them on eBay but I think they need to be unlocked first? Does anyone know how I might go about doing that with Verizon? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlocking older Galaxy phones
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Galaxy S3 is likely unable to be activated on any network any more. It can't be activated on the Verizon Wireless network as it used the CDMA network for call. It only works on the band 13 LTE that is a frequency on the Verizon Wireless. The GSM radios may or may not work if it didn't get the update to turn them on. 

The Galaxy S6 should already be SIM unlocked.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can help with your questions about unlocking your devices. Phones have to be activated on our network for 60-days to be automatically unlocked by our system. Here is a link below with the device locking information.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/device-locking-faqs/

Let me know if this information is helpful.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's for new phones. What about old phones that were unlocked from the get-go on the previous Unlocking Policy?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes