Unlocked Samsung S8 Voicemail indicator FIXED
MRCT

Trying to get a voicemail indicator to show on an unlocked Galaxy s8?  I spoke with customer service twice, was sent back to Best Buy (they laughed at me) and then Samsung (they might as well have laughed).   Verizon customer service really [removed] me off.  They deserve to lose my business over how I was handled.  The time I wasted was worth several months of service.

Many people are having this problem and I can't believe the fix was so simple and no-one could help.  Apparently, most of the complaints out there are assumed to be directly related to the 'visual voicemail' service from Verizon.

I just wanted to see an indicator that a message is waiting (my basic requirement, so I don't miss important messages)... it is an easy fix!

1) log into myverizon.com

2) go to 'my plans and services'

3) go to 'blocks'

4) Select your phone and click 'block services'

5) Turn on the blocking for VISUAL VOICE MAIL

6) close out, wait a minute and reboot your phone

7) send a test voicemail.  You will now see the little tape to tape icon in the header bar indicating:  You have a message waiting!

😎 dial your voicemail to get it.  I installed a free app that directly dials *86 number for ease.  (Voicemail by BranTek is in the play store)

Others who want the full featured visual voicemail service are apparently out of luck.  Some people use forwarding to a separate google voice number and use the google application to get similar functionality.  I really didn't care about that and my guess is many others don't either.

Verizon-   voicemail is a basic requirement.  What I endured and went through to get to this point was absolutely unacceptable.   You deserve to lose my business for how I was handled.  Put this fix into your customer service database so you can help others, please.  #justfixit

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
Re: Unlocked Samsung S8 Voicemail indicator FIXED
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MRCT, I am truly sorry to learn that you have spent so much time and energy trying to get this resolved. We never want to see you go and appreciate the steps you have listed here to get the voicemail indicator working. Your business is appreciated please reach out here if you need any further assistance.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Unlocked Samsung S8 Voicemail indicator FIXED
TELCOLADY01

Thank you so much MRCT!!!!  Simple fix but I would have never guessed to turn ON Visual Blocking Voicemail to resolve.   It has been so FRUSTRATING!!!  It should be much more clear as to how to get the VM indicator by Verizon.   Thank you, thank you, Thank you

0 Likes