Unlock Verizon Samsung S7 for use with AT&T
Mawgaw54

I am about to upgrade my Verizon phone, but instead of turning in my S7 I want to give it to my granddaughter. However, they have their cell service with AT&T. I went to both the Verizon store and AT&T today and no one seems to be able to give me a definitive answer as to whether my S7 will be able to work with AT&T. My Samsung is the G 930 V. Does anyone have any advice on this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlock Verizon Samsung S7 for use with AT&T
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone is already SIM unlocked from the factory. You will need to review the specifications of the phone and the frequencies used by the carrier you intend to use the phone on to ensure the phone is compatible with the network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone is already SIM unlocked from the factory. You will need to review the specifications of the phone and the frequencies used by the carrier you intend to use the phone on to ensure the phone is compatible with the network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

From what I've read the Verizon Galaxy S7 should work with AT&T with but there are some caveats: 2G (Edge) won't work, 3G will be fine, and LTE works but some LTE bands are missing.

I'm not guaranteeing anything so don't just take my word for it. If you are up for some reading do a web search for "verizon galaxy s7 with at&t".