Unable to sync bluetooth Polar H10 Heart Rate monitor after security update
DFWdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife's phone lost the ability to sync with the Polar H10 Heart Rate monitor first when she got the update.  There was indication that the battery was low. We replaced it with the same results.  This was after the her phone got the security update two days ago.

Then I got the update yesterday, and now my phone will not sync either. I unpaired the device and the phone does not even see it.

The equipment and the gym, and my laptop, can both see and pair with the device.

Verizon, or Google, messed up something.

Good time to upgrade to a phone from Motorola I guess.  I am done with Verizon phones.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to sync bluetooth Polar H10 Heart Rate monitor after security update
ca9779ot
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem with my Garmin Vivofit 2.  It wouldn't sync so I unpaired and re-paired it....or tried to.  The phone will NOT pair with the device.  I've spent two days on the phone with Garmin and we've done EVERYTHING but replace the device.  I had hoped SOMEONE from Verizon would answer this but the only response I've gotten was from a sales person who told me to take it to the store...where they can try to sell me a new phone I'm sure.

VERIZON why won't you answer this IF you can???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to see there is an issue with pairing the device after the update. Can you place the S5 in safe mode to let me know if it will allow you to pair?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97645/

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DFWdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

In Safe Mode, my phone can see and pair with the Polar H10.

The Polar Beat app is not available in Safe Mode so I could not test it.

While not in safe mode the H10 is visible when scanning for Bluetooth devices.

What does this mean?

Thanks for responding.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for this additional information about your device trying to be connected to use Bluetooth, DFWdad. Let me continue working on this issue and share with you what that message could mean. The message is referring to the device is ready for pairing. Have you tried to manually pair your Polar H10 Heart Rate monitor? Did you check with the manufacturer to see what settings you might need to make the best connection possible?   

EdwinW_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DFWdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, two things

1) in my last comment...

I meant to say,  "While not in safe mode the Polar H10 device is NOT visible when scanning for Bluetooth devices."

2) I have tried to manually pair my Polar H10 using the phone's bluetooth pages.

In Safe Mode, The device is visible when scanning and I can successfully pair the device with the phone.

In Normal (not Safe Mode), the device is NOT visible when scanning. So I cannot attempt to pair manually.

Thanks

0 Likes
DFWdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have contacted the manufacturer. They require the device not be paired using the phones Bluetooth screens.

They have there own Polar Beat app with a settings page where you scan for devices and pair it.

I have followed the manufacturer''s recommendation's on setting up and operating the device. It worked properly before the security update.

Please provide an update. Is Verizon looking into this? Have they contacted manufacturer's?

My phone is older. I dont know if newer models areally affected. If I need to get a new phone it won't be from Verizon if this is how it's going to go.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the helpful information, DFWdad. We'd never want to see you go and definitely want to get to the bottom of this. If the device is view able during safe mode, this would indicate there is an app on the phone preventing the device from being paired. What app is being used with the heart rate monitor? Do have trouble with pairing any other devices with your phone?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
DFWdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

After resetting network connections, one of the many things I have tried, I have since reconnected a Bluetooth speaker and a Visio soundbar aND both are working great.

Polar provides their own app called Polar Beat to connect to the H10 Heart Rate monitor.

Seems to me that Safe Mode does more than just disable apps.

The other things that does not make sense about "other apps interferring". The device was working one day, then i got the security update, then the device showed offline to the app. How did the security update cause another app to start inteferring?   I have not installed any new apps because my phone us low on memory.

0 Likes
DFWdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear VZW responders, please tell me if I am wrong.  It seems all you  can do is read from a script of things to try.  You don't seem to be able to do what we need:

- Research to see if Verizon technical people are even aware that there is trouble

- Research to see if anything is being done about it

- Report these issues to someone else in the company who can address these issues.

I encourage all of you customers to log on to your account on Verizon  Wireless website,  chat technical support, and reason with them until they open an incident. They did for me while saying they saw no other reports if trouble.

It seems that these community pages are just for us to sound off to each other.

0 Likes